PDA

View Full Version : Lich only spells ?

nonsi
2017-01-27, 11:11 AM
(i.e. spells that only liches can cast)
Has anyone encountered any - officially or unofficially published?

For now it's mostly out of curiosity, may have practical use but not sure right now.

JoshuaZ
2017-01-27, 11:24 AM
(i.e. spells that only liches can cast)
Has anyone encountered any - officially or unofficially published?

For now it's mostly out of curiosity, may have practical use but not sure right now.

I don't know of any that are lich specific but there are published 3.5 spells that require being undead. I did see homebrew spells that let a lich split their phylactery or scry on one of their phylacteries I think but I don't have a link off hand.

Debihuman
2017-01-27, 11:49 AM
I've never seen any. Also why bother? With all the spells already out there, they're basically just undead wizards any way. Would they lose access to these spells if they were resurrected? Meh.

Debby

Morphic tide
2017-01-27, 12:18 PM
Lich exclusive ones? I'd have them interact with Incarnum, because Lichs have their soul outside their bodies and there exists Incarnum interacting spells already. Maybe some that interact with Psionics, as Lichs get some rather large intelligence boosts and, again, have their soul outside their body.

nikkoli
2017-01-27, 01:44 PM
I believe the 3.0 book "The Quintessential Lich" has some. I believe it was by Mongoose Publishing circa 2001 maybe.

JoshuaZ
2017-01-27, 01:55 PM
Also, Van Richten's Guide to the Lich has some lich specific spells, but they aren't really lich specific; they don't interact with the lich in any substantial fashion and really could just be generic necromancy spells. They would need to be updated a fair bit since the book is 2e I think.