PDA

View Full Version : Super Epic Science Guy

Triskavanski
2017-01-27, 04:15 PM
Working on a character who is like level 30 gestalt

Currently its looking something like Artificer 30 | Wizard 5 / Renegade Mastermaker 10 / Fleshwarper 5 and 9 levels of the epic crafting PRC that can do 60k gold worth of work in a day.

Graft wise, we're starting off with Silthilar, and picking up Fiendish and Yuan-ti

Silthilar I'm getting Chitin Plating, Flexible spine, healing blood, and the three statboost grafts
Yuan-ti Getting Added Tail
Fiendish - Getting Charming Eye, Fearsom eye, Feathered Wings

At least for now.

Looking at Slotless magical items I could insert into myself too.. ike Baccobs blessed spellbook or bag of tricks or handy haversack.

Shalist
2017-01-27, 04:40 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you want from your slotless items (i.e. I assume that level 30 WBL / abilities make a lot of things obsolete? There anything specific you want?) but regarding magic items in general, here are a few handy links:

Bunko's Bargain Basement (magic items that are a steal!) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?445114-quot-Bunko-s-Bargain-Basement-Magic-Items-That-Are-a-Steal!-quot-(from-Wizards-forum))

The Complete MacGyver (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=46jvrg2g3sb1ejfdi01os236h5&topic=11066) (good items sorted by price)

Shax's Indispensable Haversack (Equipment Handbook) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-(Equipment-Handbook))

Also don't forget the non-epic feat, 'enhance item' (epic handbook pg 114) which lets you use your casting stat for the DC of magic items you create, rather than the default 'lowest possible,' at no extra cost. Apply it to one of those Eberron feats (legendary / etc. artisan) and it would apply to any magic item you create.

Triskavanski
2017-01-27, 04:47 PM
Well the good ones and the weird ones.

Warforged have the ability to assimilate items in such a way that they kind of become the magic item. So with a bag of holding, it could be like a secret stomach inside of myself. Or could use bag of Tricks to cough of animals to fight enemies. Immovable rod could let me stop myself from being able to move.

animewatcha
2017-01-27, 05:25 PM
Bag of holding within warforged...would this be asking for something along the lines of storing the storage space the rear end? So when you pulling out healing belts, wands, etc. It looks like you are pulling stuff outta your ass to save the day.

Ruethgar
2017-01-27, 05:50 PM
Customized Sculpt Self are effectively items build into you at the cost of XP. Also if you can count as a Scaled One, Body Pouch is... interesting. Since Sculpt Self is called out as being an item, make it legacy and throw that one ability for 20lb storage.

Also, I find the fact that a Super Epic Science Guy has no levels in the Scientist class for easy science crafting and instead focuses on magic a bit suspicious.

As a Fleshwarper, you might appreciate the Mother of Monsters enough to snag free feats from her and shuffle/retain them while you take the Non-Epic Epic Destiny: Artifact Lord feat. Could go with the epic one, but why wait when you can have it 10 levels earlier?

Triskavanski
2017-01-27, 06:53 PM
Bag of holding within warforged...would this be asking for something along the lines of storing the storage space the rear end? So when you pulling out healing belts, wands, etc. It looks like you are pulling stuff outta your ass to save the day.

Nah. Typically my mouth or panels in the body.

And well, I do have a single class level floating for whatever the heck. Though I'd be using magic items of some kind most likely. Thinking of using it for a level of factotum.

Ruethgar
2017-01-27, 07:19 PM
And well, I do have a single class level floating for whatever the heck. Though I'd be using magic items of some kind most likely. Thinking of using it for a level of factotum.

Depending on your table's bloodline rules, you could take a Scientist level and it still be relevant. +4 to the Scientific Knowledge check is still fine. A level of Legacy Champion and Uncanny Trickster each will give you 4 levels more of class features than what you have.

So Epic Crafter 6/Legacy Champion(Epic Crafter) 1/Scientist 1/Uncanny Trickster 2 with a no ECL major bloodline would net you a Scientific Knowledge of +8 which is good enough to get by and hook up your batteries.