PDA

View Full Version : Original System Another Fire Emblem... D6!

DoomSwell
2017-01-27, 05:54 PM
My Design Philosophy: Be 'Concise' , Adjective; "Brief but comprehensive."

TLDR; In Bold

This is a project I've been working on since Awakening came out, but it also has a lot of Sacred Stones influence. The main mechanic of my system is a unique way of handing hit rates with a single six sided dice. It can be summarized as...

1 = Abilities activate (Luna, Sol, Berserker Critical, etc)
2 = Pair Up (Dual Strikes and Dual Guards might cancel eachother out by comparing the sub-character's stats)
3 = Special Weapon effects (Killer Weapon Criticals, Throwing Weapons Miss, etc)
4 = "Four-ests & Four-ts" (Terrain based accuracy; easier terrain comparing stats and harder terrain always missing)
5 = Axe & Sword Accuracy (Spears are the most accurate weapon, Axes and Swords compare stats to hit, crit or miss)
6 = Critical Hits or Misses (By comparing stats)

If you don't have an ability or a partner and you're using a normal spear on normal terrain; then on rolls from 1 to 5 you just hit normally for... [Power+Weapon] - [Defense] = Damage.

A major aspect I've changed from the source material is that the Weapon Triangle determines double attacks now; making it more important and making Speed less Overpowered. The same applies to Beastbane and Bows against flying targets.

Class preview: imgur.com/a/61wo2
Charts & Maps: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Clf3BtZeQXFBqPDWkKbwihru48QeOCDmtRXUVl7lJWk/edit?usp=sharing
Rules: docs.google.com/document/d/1qHNRCocFO5amePSkrkemdJkKTAqQo20yW2E_xUt0wlc/edit?usp=sharing

To play it, simply copy a Map & Character Sheet to your own GoogleDoc, fill it out and move the initials around the map as you play.
(The maps are from my playtesting campaign)

DoomSwell
2017-01-30, 02:45 AM
Bump? I would appreciate any feedback...

Final Hyena
2017-01-30, 05:18 AM
Hi there.
(direct links to your stuff as you don't have the 10 posts to do so)
Rules (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qHNRCocFO5amePSkrkemdJkKTAqQo20yW2E_xUt0wlc/edit)
Tables (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Clf3BtZeQXFBqPDWkKbwihru48QeOCDmtRXUVl7lJWk/edit#gid=1568965169)

Please note I have not played Fire Emblem.
I couldn't find armour anywhere, is that not a thing?

DoomSwell
2017-01-31, 12:07 AM
Hi there.
(direct links to your stuff as you don't have the 10 posts to do so)

Please note I have not played Fire Emblem.
I couldn't find armour anywhere, is that not a thing?

Thank you, there's no armor in the games, probably because they use a straight forward [Strength+Weapon] - Defense = Damage formula. So if Armor were as strong as weapons, most damage would be zero.