PDA

View Full Version : iaijutsu focus question

Dnd1975
2017-01-27, 09:37 PM
Ok so once again we pulled out gestault combos from a hat and i pulled fighter/ factotum. So playing a character concept also randomly drawn. I need to use a whip. So using my several feats 6 total 2 flaws 1 concept 1 human. 1 first lvl 1 fighter i began to get ideas.

One would a whip allow me to use iaijutsu focus on all my attacks? Two if sowould two weapon fighting allow it with main and off hand?

Kelb_Panthera
2017-01-27, 09:47 PM
In order to deliver iajutsu damage, you need to draw the weapon just before you attack, that is; you need one weapon per -attack- to do iajutsu damage with each attack.

So 1) No, -a- whip would only allow you to do iajutsu damage with one attack. 2) Yes, you would be able to deliver one iajutsu attack with each of your main and off-hand weapons.

The typical workaround is the gnome quick-razor from races of stone. Since it is sheathed between attacks as a free action, it is uniquely able to do iajutsu attacks with -all- of the attacks made with it because you're unsheathing it as part of the attack every time.