PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help With Chirurgeon/Inspired Chemist Build?

tatszico
2017-01-28, 03:19 AM
Building around the idea of a wandering doctor/healer with the Inspired Chemist/Chirurgeon. Heal (especially Treat Deadly Wounds) skill will be stacked with Precise Treatment (trait), Inspiring Cognatogen (archetype feat), Tears to Wine (extract), and various tools.

Ultimately, I will roll something like this out of combat: 1d20+9(20 int mod)+1d6(inspire)+2(extract)+3(tools).

Planning to take Healing Bomb and Precise Bombs for in combat healing...but I also want to get Healing Touch at level 6 so I may have to switch around a few things. Maybe get the Signature Skill Heal unlock so I can heal more hitpoints with Treat Deadly Wounds. What do you guys think?

Is there anything I can do to change/add to improve this concept? What about any steps to up my dmg just a little bit more so I don't lack in the battlefield? Thanks in advance!

Geddy2112
2017-01-28, 11:35 AM
The heal skill is REALLY easy to optimize, and by having chriougen/mindchemist you will be fine.

You only need to get a 25 on heal checks to get the maximum benefit to treat deadly wounds-if you don't have a wis of at least 12 you only need to hit a 20. Likewise, a 25 will beat most poisons and diseases.

Since you generally won't be treating deadly wounds in a combat situation or any other situation where you are under extreme duress(as it takes an hour), you can usually take 10. So 10,+1 ranks, +3 trained class skill bonus, +1 trait bonus, +3 surgeons tools and healing kit, +4 INT mod and you get a 22 at level 1, so you need a 3 or better from inspiration to get a 25, or just use an extract. By level 5, when you add more skill ranks, skill focus(heal), and an INT of at least 20, you have a 30 by taking 10. Now, keep in mind using an extract or your mutagen to hit the heal is going to heal 1-2 HP at level 1, or 2-3 hp at level 2. A cure light wounds potion(or infusion) at level 2 heals at least 3 HP, so you are better off using the CLW infusion because you get all of your cure spells as infusions free at level 2. It is not worth it to pop your cognation or use an extract to hit your heal DC, which you will get surefire by level 3, and then you can use both!

I do suggest getting the skill unlock if you plan to use treating deadly wounds as a primary source of healing for your group, mainly because you can start to treat ability damage with the heal skill and that is a big deal.

I don't think you need healing bombs, as your cure spells are already infusions so you can just use them. Throwing a healing bomb is kind of a waste since it uses the extract AND the bomb. I do suggest precise bombs though and having bombs as a decent combat ability. I like having spontaneous healing because if you are the party healer, you can't afford to go and stay down. Having it auto bring you back keeps you going. The healing touch ability won't be as good as a CLW extract at level 5, which heals a minimum of 6hP and does not use your auto heal pool. It does give you the option to prepare less cure extracts, but you would be surprised how far you can get on just CLW extracts each day. If you are really needing some extra, brew some CLW potions in your offtime.

Healing is good, but the best medicine is preventative. Use your bombs to blow enemies to kingdom come and extracts to prevent party members from getting hurt(including yourself)