PDA

View Full Version : Arenas of Death: Team Flint

Ieagleroar
2017-01-28, 05:43 AM
As you follow the elf through the back street of Normania, the manacles still holding your hands behind you back, the elf begins to speak. "My names Flint Archer, and I will be your team owner. I'm sure some of you are less than happy about being part of the Death Games, but there's really no point to arguing now. It would only waste precious time, and with only a week to train you before you enter the arena, we need all he time you can get. Don't worry, I've trained teams in less time, and they've all done well enough to earn me my money back, but if we stay dedicated, I have a feeling you might just make it through the games alive. Of course, you'll have to do better than you did prior to the auction, though you do show a higher level of cunning than most slaves do." He turns and looks over his shoulder at Zephyinque when he says this. "However, cunning isn't nearly enough, you must make sure you are making precise strikes, working together to take out your foes in exactly the way and order you wish to. You must control the arena, make you enemies run where you want them to, do what you say, then you can be assured victory." He pauses for a breath. "Now, back to training. Training will begin tonight, and you will learn to be accurate and swift in combat. Hopefully this will be enough to carry you through to the second round." Flint turns up to a house in the middle of some empty street. He leads you inside, then up the buildings stairs. At the top of the flight of stairs this a large room filled with targets line the walls, and at the center large table with a replica of the arena on it. The elf unclips your manacles and asks "Does anyone have anything they'd like to ask?"

Ripptor
2017-01-28, 08:56 AM
"Swift and true is my kind of kill." Zephyrpinque smiles at her... New mentor? "Don't go easy on me just because I'm pretty, now. Nature is full of lethal lovelies." She winks, and throws a knife down-range at one of the targets.

This guy sounds like her kind of teacher! Time to be teacher's pet... I guess, attack roll for hit?

Ranged attack at Target center: [roll0]

EDIT: Object AC of 3?

Sahigu
2017-01-28, 11:45 AM
Given the alternative is death, I'll choose victory any time Raglek says sardonically. Then, his eyes flashing green as his mindblade manifests, continues gravely Give me a target and kiss them goodbye.

Ellowryn
2017-01-28, 12:47 PM
Victory only comes when the enemy lies dead at your feat. How this is accomplished is of little consequence. Number 4536 stares at his "new owner". 168 hours should be enough time to advance ones skills, assuming you fleshy ones don't waste time with petty things like sleeping or eating.

Syless
2017-01-28, 01:22 PM
Aukrra stretches after her manacles are undone. "Now, accuracy I have, but when you say swift... can I have summons do that part for me?" She turns to face Zephyrpinque. "No hard feelings, right? It didn't work, and I'm not going to be dumb enough to cast spells on my teammates."

Ieagleroar
2017-01-28, 05:03 PM
Zephyrpinque throws a knife at the target at the far end of the room. It lodges itself slightly to the left of center, but still in the bulls-eye. The elfs raises an eyebrow slightly, a slow smile spreading across his face. "Easy? No. For then you'd only end up dead, and that would be a waste now wouldn't it?" He draws three daggers from his shoulder belt, and in one fluid motion throws all three to the same end of the room as Zephrynpinque. The first cuts the string holding the target to the roof. The second lodges itself in the dead center of the falling target's bulls-eye. The final dagger catches the string, pinning it to the wall right before the target was able to hit the floor, leaving it suspended less than an inch from the ground. "As you can see, there is still much for you to learn."

He turns to Raglek, "Yes, I would say victory is better than death," then looks at Aukrra. "A well-timed summon can easily change the course of a battle; an effective strategy no doubt. However, here you must be careful, and know your enemy and arena, for some don't allow such means of combat."

He faces the Number 4536. He allows the Warforged to finish speaking, then waits for a moment afterwards before responding. "168 hours... skills definitely will be improved, however that is not the only reason we will train." He looks into its eyes, and tilts his head slightly. His hands comes to rest on the small of the Number 4536's back as changes his position to one at to the warforged side. He gestures to the other three. "These are your means of victory. Other teams have been training years together, and will have in-depth, strategic plans for each possible scenario. They will work together flawlessly, to ensure that they survive and you do not. We only have 168 hours, in which we must improve our skills, but must also learn to execute as a team, no matter how many non-optimal traits we have outside the arena." Flint returns to his prior position and looks at Number 4356. "As such, you will no longer be called "Number 4356". Instead, as it seems fitting for this sized team, you shall be called 'Four'."

Flint then begins teaching the ways of accuracy, swiftness, and precision. He talks of strategies, and explains to you the effects of the different arenas. He teaches about likely enemy tactics and how to counter them. Finally, he teaches the importances of synergy between the four of you. At the end of the week, you feel much more precise in your movements, and at least somewhat more connected to your team mates.

As a result of Flints training, You gain an untyped bonus of +1 to all attack rolls.

After training on the final night, he gathers you into your bedroom, a room with four bed that you had been sleeping (except Four obviously) in the previous nights, and sits you down. "It's been a honor to teach you all over the past week. Although you deserve much more time, the arena awaits you tomorrow. As such please take these. They are your team symbol, and you are required to wear them in the arena." With this he hands you each a small brooch in the shape of a dagger, then bids you good-night, leaving you to talk among yourselves about your strategy, worries, and hopes for tomorrow.

Ripptor
2017-01-28, 06:01 PM
"How lucky are we? Given the chance, I couldn't have chosen a better trainer!" Zephyrpinque smiles at the Aasimar, "We're gonna be great tomorrow. You stay back, and we'll keep everyone off of you whole you create our own personal army!"

Syless
2017-01-28, 06:08 PM
Aukrra moans in exhaustion. "Baalzebul below, if I'd known just how exhausting training would be I might just have resisted and gotten myself killed. Not to mention I'd forgotten about Warde's arena... that will be my personal hell. Not counting Malebolgia." She affixes the brooch to her simple outfit, and looks at Zephyr. "That sounds like the best plan. Any other support you can suggest? I'm not exactly the healing sort, I do my best work resting, and healing requires getting up into the fray. I could try making people run or fall down, but if they're anything like you, it's unlikely to work."

Ellowryn
2017-01-28, 06:21 PM
Offense is the best defense, the enemy cannot hurt you if they are lying in a pool of their own blood. 4 chimes in. I will make sure to crush any in my way as i charge into their ranks.

Sahigu
2017-01-29, 10:35 AM
We are of one mind my man... He says, giving Four an intentionally long glance or whatever else you are. Now you, he turns towards Zephyrpinque and Aukrra you both look like sensible folk, so I figure we can go earn that Archer fellow some big coin and then you lovely winks at Zephyrpinque can sweet talk him to give us our freedom back, maybe even clanker here will look alive by then. finishes by lazily punching Four's shoulder.

Ieagleroar
2017-01-30, 03:40 AM
You eventually drift off to sleep. In the morning, Flint wakes you up early. "We must leave. I have just received the message. We travel to Polaren today." You eat a small breakfast and set off. Flint leads you on foot to the Normanian Death Games office. There Flint approaches the front counter, and informs the man behind the counter of your destination. The man leads you to a room empty besides an old gnome asleep in a wooden chair. "Gerland," shouts the man, startling the gnome. "Polaren." With that the man turns and leaves you with the gnome.

With a hurried, but cheerful, demeanor, the gnome rises and begins to speak. "Yes, yes, yes, of course. Polaren, you'll love it this time of year. Bring a coat! Oh, you must be Flint's new team. I'm Gerland. Hopefully I'll be seeing you again. Now stand together; that's good. Bye-Bye now!" He flicks his hands and you flash out of the room. You appear in a similar room. Flint leads you out of the build, and to the Polaren arena, a large building that from the outside looks like a giant blue cube. He flashes his team symbols to the guard standing outside, who gives a cursory nod. Upon entering he takes you down a maze of corridors, finally arriving in a room devoid of anything beside a 10*10 foot wooden platform. "Now remember, you can cast any buff spells now, but Aukrra you can't summon yet. You have an hour before you enter the arena. Once you enter, you will have a short period of time when you can do whatever you wish, except anything that direct damages or hinders you opponent. You may also not cross the halfway line of the arena. I have to go sign us in. Oh, and whatever you do, don't leave this room. Good luck." Flint leaves, shutting the door behind him.

Sahigu
2017-01-30, 12:36 PM
Raglek manifests his mindblade with the familiar green flash in his eyes, followed by a second, unexplained flash. Hey Clanky, flip a coin for the first charge? Loser gets to hear these two form up a battle plan while the winner takes on the aggro.

Ripptor
2017-01-30, 01:35 PM
"How about we race for it?" Zephyrpinque laughs, pulling out a knife and greasing the blade before sliding it gingerly back into its sheath. As she repeats this process, She muses "I'll run in and see if I can't put one of the smaller, magical ones to bed with one of these. Then you two can split up the rest, and I'll back up whoever struggles."

Finished with her knives, she unslings her Guisarme and limbers up into proper form. "I can play mid-field if you two have the forward wings?"

One dose of Drow Poison on each blade, lasting 10 rounds after drawn, or until injury.

Entering Punishing Stance, -2 AC for +1d6 weapon damage.

HP 12/12
AC 16/18

Ellowryn
2017-01-30, 02:36 PM
Raglek manifests his mindblade with the familiar green flash in his eyes, followed by a second, unexplained flash. Hey Clanky, flip a coin for the first charge? Loser gets to hear these two form up a battle plan while the winner takes on the aggro.

4 stares at Raglek for a second, then produces an old worn coin. Heads.

Heads 1, Tails 2
[roll0]

You could swear you could almost see a smile on the Warforged's face as the coin came to a stop.

Syless
2017-01-30, 05:43 PM
Delicately placing her new pillow on the ground, Aukrra lays on the ground and rests her head. "I'm going to be dreaming of magic, wake me up right before the fight. You've got a few minutes for suggestions before I fall asleep, otherwise I've got my own ideas."

Meditating for spells, swapping out Amanuensis for a second Cure Minor wounds and Summon Undead I for Conjure Ice Beast I on my character sheet, unless anyone has a suggestion.

Ripptor
2017-01-30, 06:12 PM
Zephyrpinque gestures at the happy killers. "Well, I think we let these two go to bat on the other team while I try to stay between them and you. I have a knack for keeping people from getting past me." Zeph thinks for a minute. "I did recognize the name of the arena, though. So, any help against the cold would be welcome. Immunities for us, or your little critters?"
Actually, I'll release my stance for now, in case I need my AC before my first turn. Getting a little excited :)

Is it possible to poison my Guisarme and spikes just before combat? It only lasts 1 minute of open air, so I'd like to get as much of that in as possible...
Snowmen will last longer vs. the extra Cold damage, so that is a good call. Resist energy, if you have it, potentially?

With 10' reach and 5 AoOs, I should be able to hold midfield (unless they can avoid AoOs) and give flanking bonuses. If the big guys pincer left and right, we can surround and kill?

If there are no good targets for ranged, or we start close enough to jump right into melee, I can try and go first and setup some flanking right away, with a double-attack.

Syless
2017-01-30, 08:18 PM
Lifting up her head from her pillow, Aukrra shakes her head. "You? No, sorry. But I can summon a creature of ice, really more resilient than anything else I can make. And I'll be fine myself from the cold, but sucks to be you. I'll work on it for next time." She lays back down, unless the others have any more comments.

Honestly, low-level Conjure Ice Beast is kind of broken. In part because it makes a construct- turning, say, a medium monstrous scorpion from 1d8 hp to 1d10+20, and it gets a nice special ability of my choice. It's more limited by duration than anything. And sadly, Resist Energy is 2nd level and I couldn't find anything weaker at 1st.

Ieagleroar
2017-01-31, 05:45 AM
The hour passes by fast, the anticipation in you rising. At the mark of one hour, an man enters the room, and instructs you to stand on the platform. The floor above the platform opens up, and your hear the sounds of a mass of cheering people. The platform starts to raise, bring you closer to the roar of the crowd. One voice, louder than the rest, as if amplified by some means, booms out, "... and to face them, TEEEEEAM FLINT!" Around the outside of the arena, you see thousands of people- men and women, young and old- cheering, waiting to see you fight to your deaths. You notice that behind you stands Flint on a platform that extended above the crowd. You catch his eye, and he gives a small wink. On the opposite side of the arena, still in he crowd, stands a dwarf on a platform similar to Flint's. Floating high above the arena, at least 150', is a platform. The voice seems to emanate from it.

The arena itself feels chilly against your skin, with a cold breeze blasting every so often. The floor is covered in snow and is relatively flat, and the platform that you rode up has seemed to have disappeared.

Across the arena, you see a angry looking half-orc, a halfling, a dwarf, all men, and a human woman. The half-orc stands confidently, even though he lacks both a weapon or armor. The halfling holds a crossbow, and you can see no sign of another weapon upon him. His armor seems to be made of some strange leather, though you have never seen such a material before. The dwarf holds a morningstar in his right hand, with a shield strapped to a gauntlet on his left. He wears armor made of chain. The human at the back lacks a weapon. Her armor is also constructed from chain.

The voice booms out again. "Let the fighting commence in" at this point the whole crowd joins in, "10! 9! 8! 7! 6!..."

You now have one round to cast any buff, summon, or area of effect spell in your half of the arena. Note: casting any spell that damages or debuff the other team, or affects their half of the arena, will result in immediate disqualification. You may also use this time to move, use an item, or do anything thing else you could do in a normal round, as long as you don't enter the other team's half.

During this time the dwarf lays a hand on the half-orc. The half-orc then grows.

The dwarf casts Enlarge person on the half-orc.

The halfling moves from S16 to T13. The now much larger half-orc roars furiously. The human woman blows a kiss to the crowd.

http://i.picresize.com/images/2017/01/31/AZBeI.jpg

Ripptor
2017-01-31, 08:03 AM
Zephyrpinque slathers an ugly grease on her main blade, then darts in. "I call the magic little dwarf!" Zeph cuts straight across a ways, knowing the others would catch up quickly.
Roach paste on the Guisarme, 10 rounds remaining.

Move from D2 to H6, 30' diagonally.
Hopefully I can try to get in quick, dart a knife at dwarf and setup a defense of sorts. I assume the fighters will both be charging in, and Aukrra summoning?

Ellowryn
2017-01-31, 12:49 PM
4 moves forward, up to line. Bringing its shield to bear a brilliant energy comes forth from its unencumbered hand. The large one is mine! it hisses.

4 moves from d4 to j10, uses a swift action to activate mind blade. IF the half orc gets too close to charge then move 4 will step back far enough to be able too in a straight line with its remaining standard action.

As much as i would love to smash the halfling it would probabaly be best to summon something to harass it while we mop up the rest. Kill order should probably be dwarf, human, half-orc, and then halfling unless something changes that.

Syless
2017-01-31, 03:02 PM
Aukrra yawns as she wakes up from her nap, not even getting up as the platform raises. She waves to the crowd without even standing, then slowly begins focusing, a small crystalline figure of a wolf appearing in her hands before she flings it across the arena, becoming a wolf made of jagged ice, growling across the line.

Laying prone, casting Conjure Ice Beast I to summon a Frost Wolf on G7, stat block as follows:

Size/Type: Medium Construct
Hit Dice: [roll0]
Initiative: +2
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6+3+1d6 cold)
Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6+3+1d6 cold)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Frigid Touch
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort --, Ref +2, Will +1
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 15, Con --, Int --, Wis 12, Cha 1
Skills: Hide +2, Listen +3, Move Silently +3, Spot +3, Survival +1*
Feats: Weapon Focus (bite)

Going after the Halfling, but I think this beast is only going to harass it in the sense that it has a 3 round half-life, I think it's a match for any single creature otherwise.

Ripptor
2017-01-31, 08:58 PM
If possible, I'd love to engage in a Contest of Wills with the Dwarf! RAW you have to be within 30ft, but if we can waive that, staring contest! :smallbiggrin:

If he submits, he gets -2 Initiative and -1 attack penalty vs me for the first round.

If he ignores me, Intimidate check for a +1 attack bonus vs him for the first round.

If he participates, opposed Intimidate check for +1 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls against the loser, and the loser takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls and damage rolls against the winner.

If allowed, and needed, intimidate roll! [roll0]

Sahigu
2017-01-31, 10:16 PM
I'll take the halfling then Starts running towards his enemy, but takes a sidelong glance at four when he manifests his own mind blade.
Move from B4 to G10, mindblade at the ready

Ieagleroar
2017-02-01, 07:35 AM
"FIGHT!" The crowds yells.

Zephyrpinque: [roll1]
Four: [roll0]
Dwarf: [roll6]
Raglek: [roll2]
Halfling: [roll5]
Aukrra: [roll3]
Half-Orc: [roll4]
Human: [roll7]

http://i.picresize.com/images/2017/02/01/pDqms.jpg

Ripptor
2017-02-01, 08:39 AM
Zephyrpinque races Four across the midline, just barely inching him out. Dropping a knife into her hand, she cries out, "I win!" as she hurls it at the dwarf.

Move from H6 to L10, 30' diagonally.

Ranged attack with knife at Dwarf from 50', at -4 penalty.

Attack: [roll0] +1 Morale vs. Flat-footed AC (Yay winning initiative!)
Damage: [roll1] +1 Morale, +2 Cold

Critical Confirm on 19-20: [roll2]
Critical Damage: [roll3]

On hit, DC13 Fort save vs. Drow Poison to not fall Unconscious
On a failure, 10 rounds Unconscious, then resave or 2d4 hours UnconsciousHP 12/12
AC 18

Attack of Opportunity: 5/5
Roach paste on the Guisarme, 9 rounds remaining.
Fingers crossed this can just take the dwarf out for the encounter, but that's definitely a hopeful bent. Next turn I can get in there to flank and deal some real damage!

EDIT: Yay, that's not a bad roll! If he does stay awake, Four could maybe just try and kill him?
EDIT2: He's just within charge range, (diag 15', down 5', diag 15', down 5', diag 15', for 55' charge)

Ieagleroar
2017-02-01, 09:52 AM
Zephyrpinque's dagger spins from her finger tips, rapidly apporoaching the dwarf's head. However, just before it can penetrate his skull he knocks it out of the way with his shield.

@Ripptor: I meant to allow the contest of wills but forgot. Happens when your trying to pump out combats at 1:00am (only time I was able to today). As such, I'll let you do it now. If he loses, he takes the -2 to on initiative, meaning Raglek moves before him.

Intimidate vs 10: [roll0]

Ripptor
2017-02-01, 10:13 AM
Yay, I won!!

Actually, if he tries an opposed roll to win and loses, I gain a +1 morale attack/damage boost for the enounter, and he gets -1 attack/damage against me for the encounter! (The initiative penalty is if he refuses to roll against me and just submits)

That increases my attack roll to 18. That wouldn't happen to change the outcome, would it? Or is he just a Cleric//Monk with Deflect Arrows, and I had no chance anyway? :smallyuk:

EDIT: Oh wait, deflect arrows doesn't work flat-footed. So I still don't know what he is...
EDIT2: Jeez... If this guy has a flat-footed AC of over 18, this is gonna be one intense fight...

Ieagleroar
2017-02-01, 10:23 AM
However, what the dwarf originally thought to be a deflection was actually not a total deflection. Rather, he merely re-routed the dagger away from his head and into his thigh.

[roll0]

As he looks at the deflected missile now sticking out of his leg, he begins to feel quite faint, and slumps over unconscious.

Four's turn.

Ripptor
2017-02-01, 01:35 PM
Went back and updated the action post, but wanted to draw attention to it as well :smallsmile:

Added morale bonuses and arena effects, and the full poison description.

Damage is now 6 Slashing & +2 Cold (from the arena)
Poison lasts until resave (I believe), which is 10 rounds

Ellowryn
2017-02-01, 08:39 PM
4 bellows as it charges across the field at the Half-Orc, putting its shoulder down to act like a battering ram.

Initiate Charging Minotaur maneuver targeting the Half-Orc, this provokes no AoO from anyone.
Strength check [roll0], if this beats the Half-Orcs strength 4 deals [roll1] damage to the Half-Orc. If the strength check beats the Half-Orcs enough will continue to move him as far back in the straight line as possible (+5 feet moved per 5 i beat him by)

Ieagleroar
2017-02-02, 01:03 AM
[roll0]+4=31

The half-orc notices the charging warforged, and braces for the attack. As the Four drops his shoulder into the half-orc's chest, the half-orc places two huge hands and explodes at the hips, tossing the warforged back to where it came from.

Raglek's Turn

Sahigu
2017-02-02, 03:32 PM
Raglek is still closing the distance, G10 to K16

Ieagleroar
2017-02-03, 04:39 AM
The halfling, seeing Raglek approach, drops his crossbow and manifests a mindblade. He closes on Raglek, and appears like he's going to take a swing. However, before he can Raglek feels something tapping his back, causing him to be briefly distracted.

Halfling moves to L17.

He readied an action the previous turn to manifest the mind-blade if someone entered within twenty feet of him.

Small Fire Elemental appears at L15.

He used the Distracting Ember maneuver.

This targets Raglek
Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

http://i.picresize.com/images/2017/02/03/Nf4ad.jpg

Syless
2017-02-03, 01:03 PM
Looking across the battlefield, Aukrra sighs and mumbles to herself. "Of all the- it's not that difficult to leave room for my beast... if only I wasn't bound to them this would be an excellent chance at taking one of them out..." She raises both her voice and her crossbow firing a bolt, hoping to clear a path to the halfling. "Beast, charge!"

Attacking the elemental with my crossbow, if it dies, then my wolf will charge the halfling, if not, then it will charge the elemental.

Attack- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1] piercing + 2 cold

Attack- [roll2]
Damage- [roll3] bite + [roll4] cold

Ieagleroar
2017-02-03, 01:45 PM
The crossbow bolt hits the elemental, causing it to disappear. The halfling now aware of a threat, sees the frost wolf beginning to run at it. As it closes, the halfling prepares and nimbly jumps out of the way of its toothy grab.

Ieagleroar
2017-02-03, 04:54 PM
Half-Orc's Turn

The half-orc looks at the machine in front of it. He roars as it takes a step back and unloads a barrage of punches.

Half-orc takes 5ft step to P17.

This targets Four:

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
(Natural 20) Crit Confirm: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

Attack Roll: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
(Natural 20) Crit Confirm: [roll6]
Crit Damage: [roll7]

Attack Roll: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]
(Natural 20) Crit Confirm: [roll10]
Crit Damage: [roll11]

Attack Roll: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]
(Natural 20) Crit Confirm: [roll14]
Crit Damage: [roll15]

Ieagleroar
2017-02-03, 05:14 PM
The human walks around the half-orc to get a better view at Of the battle field. She points a finger and a black blast fires at Zephyrpinque. Then a cloud appears in a ten foot radius around her. This cloud is still see through, but blocks your view of the women slightly.

Human moves to S13

This targets Zephyrpinque

Ranged Touch Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Will DC:15 or Shaken

She cast Frightful Eldritch Blast

She cast Maismic Cloud

Cloud is in ten foot radius around her. If anyone enters the cloud, Fort DC:15 or Fatigued

http://i.picresize.com/images/2017/02/03/u71ze.jpg

Ripptor
2017-02-03, 05:19 PM
Zephyrpinque watched in awe at the Orc's display of speed, and was alarmed when the black cloud approached her.

Will [roll0] vs DC 15 or shaken

Ripptor
2017-02-03, 05:30 PM
The sickening fumes permeate Zephyrpinque, giving her unnatural chills down her spine. Furious, she continues her sprint directly at her new target, sweeping her Guisarme to cut her in twain.

Charge to S11

Attack: [roll0]
On hit, damage: [roll1] +2 Cold
On hit, Fort DC 12 or Nauseated

HP: 11/12
AC: 16/18
Shaken: –2 attack, saves, skills, and ability checks
Fast Healing 1

Ellowryn
2017-02-03, 06:17 PM
4 definitely felt that one, but wasn't about to let up. Mustering its strength it lets loose a swing after taking a step forward.

5 foot step forward to the Half-Orc.
Initiates Crusaders Strike [roll0] (if a crit to confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2] +2 cold 9if a confirmed crit [roll3] +2 cold damage, Healing [roll4]

Sahigu
2017-02-03, 06:56 PM
Raglek turns his attention back at the halfling, almost oblivious to the hit he just took, and swings his mindblade at him.

to hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Ieagleroar
2017-02-03, 09:33 PM
The human suffers the blow from Zephrypinque's guisarme across her chest, crippling to a heap of flesh, unconscious.

Four's weapon glows with a divine energy as it cuts the half-orc's flesh. He still stands, but he definitely felt the blow.

The halfling agiling jumps out of the way of Raglek's Mindblade.

Ieagleroar
2017-02-03, 09:49 PM
Halfling's turn

The halfling tumbles backwards from the reach of Raglek and the Frost wolf, then joins his Half-Orc comrade around Four, who he lunges at with his mind blade.

Halfling tumbles to L19, then moves to O16.

Tumble DC(15): [roll]1d20+9

This targets Four:

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]+2 cold

http://i.picresize.com/images/2017/02/04/QjqR4.jpg

Ieagleroar
2017-02-03, 09:51 PM
Broke post*
Halfling Tumble DC(15): [roll0]

Edit: Raglek and the wolf get an attack of opportunity on the Halfling before he attacks to Four

The halfling craftly dodges Raglek's attempt to strike him. However, his concentration lapses and he gets caught by the wolf, who bites deeps into his thigh, ripping sharply. The halfling bleeds profusely as he continues on his way to attack Four.

Aukkra's Turn

Syless
2017-02-04, 12:51 PM
Aukrra herself fires her crossbow once more, into the massive half-orc- a far easier target. As if to mark him as prey, the frost wolf then lunges at the orc as well, trying to rip out the back of is legs.

Both attacking the half-orc, which is one range increment away for Aukrra.

Aukrra:
Attack- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1] piercing + 2 cold

Wolf (charging):
Attack- [roll]1d20+7[/roll
Damage- [roll2] bite + [roll3] cold

Ieagleroar
2017-02-04, 04:46 PM
The half-orc ducks out of the way of the bolt flying toward him.

Assuming you are trying to avoid as many AoO as possible with your wolf, I've moved him to O15 to avoid the halfling. Half-orc still gets one.

The half-orc catches the charging wolf out of the corner of his eye and delivers a backfist to creature.

Damage:[roll1]+2 cold

If successful the half-orc gains DR:5/-

The half-orc's strike connects with the wolf's jaw, slowing it as it charges him, but not able to stop it outright. The wolf then sinks a jaw into his leg, bring him nearly to the edge of consciousness.

Ripptor
2017-02-04, 05:02 PM
The feeling of the aberrant mage crumpling beneath Zephyrpinque's blade was excruciatingly satisfying, even without her full weight behind the blow. With half of the team now down, she scanned left to where the rest of the opponents were cornered.

Finding her team still whole, with the Half-Orc and Halfling clearly at half strength, Zephyrpinque sees one last opportunity to shine. Catching Flint from the corner of her eye, she digs her heels into the ground and sprints past the two bodies she left barely breathing.

With a feral cry, Zephyrpinque flies at both opponents, putting all of her remaining might into a wide arc of her steel fang!

Fast Healing 1, back up to full HP
Swift action into Punishing Stance, -2 AC for +1d6 Damage
Move, starting from 10' north of the human (I had to reach her to hit her last round)
Ending 15' west, beside and just south of Four, threatening both with no AoO

Using the Steel Wind maneuver, two attacks at separate targets within reach.

Attack Half-Orc: [roll0]
On hit, damage: [roll1] + [roll2] +2 Cold

Attack Halfling: [roll3]
On hit, damage: [roll4] + [roll5] +2 Cold

HP: 12/12
AC: 14/18
Shaken: –2 attack, saves, skills, and ability checks
Fast Healing 1

Ieagleroar
2017-02-04, 05:03 PM
Half-Orc's Turn

The half-orc looks at his team's dire situation, and then at the enemies around him. He burns with passion as he steps back and unloads on Four and the wolf again.

Half-Orc takes 5ft to Q17.

This targets Four:

Damage:[roll1]+2 cold
(Nat. 20) Crit Confirm:[roll2]
Crit Damage:[roll3]+2 cold

Attack Roll:[roll4]
Damage:[roll5]+2 cold
Crit Confirm:[roll6]
Crit Damage:[roll7]+2 cold damage

This targets the wolf:

Attack Roll:[roll8]
Damage:[roll9]+2 cold
(Nat. 20) Crit Confirm:[roll10]
Crit Damage:[roll11]+2 cold

Attack Roll:[roll12]
Damage:[roll13]+2 cold
Crit Confirm:[roll14]
Crit Damage:[roll15]+2 cold damage

Attack Roll:[roll16]
Damage:[roll17]+2 cold
(Nat. 20) Crit Confirm:[roll18]
Crit Damage:[roll19]+2 cold

After these strikes were delivered, the half-orc looks in much better condition than when he began.

Zephrypinque's Turn

Ieagleroar
2017-02-04, 05:16 PM
*See above for Zephrypinque's Turn.

The half-orc's new found vigor is lost when he is struck by the fey across the shoulder. He once again looks like he is soon to fall.

The halfling, injured but still agile, avoids the attack by his opponent.

Four's Turn (Unless you went down after the Half-Orc hit you)

Ellowryn
2017-02-04, 05:48 PM
Seeing the ensuing frenzy surrounding, both ally and enemy 4 steels itself before bringing down a heavy swing while shouting DIE!!!!

Initiate Stone Bones maneuver
Attack roll [roll0] (if a crit threat then confirm roll [roll1])
Damage [roll2] +2 Cold (if a confirmed crit [roll3] + 2 cold)
A successful strike gives me DR 5/adamantine

Ieagleroar
2017-02-04, 07:29 PM
The half-orcs last sight was of a warforged bringing a mind blade down across his body, slashing his chest and stomach wide open. He then falls backwards, dead.

As the half-off bodies hits the ground, a howling, chilling wind blows through the arena, lifting snow and ice into the air.

On 1 you're slowed for 1 round

Zephrypinque:[roll0]
Four: [roll1]
Raglek: [roll2]
Halfling: [roll3]
Aukkra: [roll4]
Frost Wolf(if still alive): [roll5]

http://i.picresize.com/images/2017/02/04/Om7sC.jpg

Ripptor
2017-02-04, 07:31 PM
Zephyrpinque should be threatening the halfling, probably just to the left of Four? Gonna get that AoO of he gives me one!

Sahigu
2017-02-04, 08:17 PM
Seeing how the halfling is the only enemy left, Raglek charges forward, while yelling Time to finish this his mindblade shines with intense energy right before the strike connects.

Charge towards Q10
To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]+[roll2]

Ieagleroar
2017-02-05, 06:02 AM
And finish it he did. Ragleks final attack at the halfling skewers him through his gut, draining what little energy the he had left. As Raglek pulls out his mind blade, the halfling flopping to the ground unconscious, nearly dead.

All around the crowd cheers "Team Flint, Team Flint." The amplified voice, which had been commenting on the match as you fought, announces "The winner! Teeeeeam Flint!"

In the middle of the arena appears a set of stairs from below. Two gaurds and a cleric ascend, and the cleric quickly sets to healing your team of their injuries. He then heals the human, dwarf, and halfling, declaring to the other team that their is nothing he can do for the half-orc. The other team somberly congratulates you on your victory, as you all head towards the stairs. As you descend, you can still hear the cheers of the crowd.

Flint collects you as you are exiting the underground room with the stairs. He leads you to the Polaren Death Games Office, where you are teleported back to Normania. You then begin the trek back to Flint's abode. As you walk, Flint begins to speak. "You have done well today. The number of teams have been halved, and you have survived; you should be proud. However, training is still needed. You have proved yourself to be tough, however, you will soon find that team was relatively easy, and that other teams shall hit much harder. As such, we need to make sure that we are not wasting our attacks, so that they do not have the chance to hit us repeatedly. I know that some of you have taken heed of my words, and found your target repeatedly-" he casts a sideways glance at Zephrypinque as she looked at him, their eyes locking briefly, in an exchange unnoticed by the others, "-but we are a team, and we must all make sure that we help our counterparts improve. We will be victorious in this endeavor through each other." The rest of the walk home is relatively quiet, as the group lets the elf's words sink in as you follow his silent, confident lead.

Arriving at the house, he hands you each a purse. Inside you find a stash of gold pieces. "I'll be visiting a few stores tomorrow. You are welcome to accompany me, and spend your coinage on want you wish. So I may plan our schedule, I ask you to give me an idea of what you wish to purchase." He sits relaxedly, expecting your result.

You each gain 900gp. You may request anything, provided you can afford it. It you want, you may pool your gold for a larger purchase. The only thing not available (yet) is spellcasting services. However, you can still buy scrolls and magic items.

Also, if you have yet to level up, and you are eligible to do so, now is the time.

Ripptor
2017-02-05, 12:49 PM
Zephyrpinque listens to their trainer quietly, but brimming with delight. Hearing her concerns for accuracy and teamwork, she thought about how she might be able to help. By the time they got home and was asked for a shopping list, she had her answer.

"If accuracy is our main concern, then I could use some better blades!" Zeph started excitedly. "I could get a well-made Guisa, and some better knives. Oh, I'd just love some adamantine knives!"

Gesturing at herself, Zeph stated "Also, some better clothes. I want to make an impression. Did you see how pale that dwarf got when I ran right straight at him? Well, paler, anyway! I could get some real metal, with more spikes than I can even use! Not that they will know that, of course!"

Finally, grasping Flint's gift amulet for the team, Zeph blushed a bit before adding, "But as for teamwork, I'm really fast. If I could be the starter, I could get in and set up some targets. Set up some pins, kock some down.. It's much harder to miss someone flat on their rear."

In OoC, with level-up. Going for a tripper build, so I can help lower AC and set-up Attacks of opportunity, and flank all over. With discount TWF for extra attempts/attacks :smallsmile:

Syless
2017-02-05, 09:52 PM
Aukrra looks sluggish as she leans against a wall, mumbling to herself. "Well I could've handled them all myself but you were all in my way... stupid... everything you are." Seeing Zephyr blush at Flint makes her roll her eyes in disgust, but she says nothing. Stretching and joining the group properly, she speaks again, this time trying to be heard. "I'll plan my summons better, and try and give you all some support. Getting my summons behind the enemy would be good. As for shopping... what do you all like better, scorpions or spiders?"

Ellowryn
2017-02-06, 01:03 AM
The deadlier the better. 4 cooley states, I do not have much i want at the funds we currently have, but something to increase my defense would be preferable...