PDA

View Full Version : The 4400

Thrivol
2007-07-20, 05:38 PM
So... who else watches it? I like it, personally. Not the best show, but a good one nonetheless.

Also, for people who also watch Battlestar Galactica, see any similarities between Gaius Baltar and Jordan Collier? They are starting to look the same, and some people treat them as messiahs.

BrokenButterfly
2007-07-20, 07:22 PM
I watched about a season and a half of this when it came on to Sky Three. I'd been intrigued by it when I first heard about it, and I did enjoy it at the time. But now I think that Heroes has really stolen any thunder this programme had. Their concepts are very similar, and I personally feel that Heroes carries it off better.

The 4400 sits with shows such as Charmed for me, I watched them and I enjoyed them, but they never stuck in the way certain series have in my mind.

Cyrano
2007-07-20, 07:38 PM
EVERY SINGLE TIME I see a preview thingy ad I'm like "Ooooh! That's cool!" But I have no idea what it is, or whether it's good. Can we get a synopsis?

DraPrime
2007-07-21, 12:13 AM
I hate the new season. Originally everyone was sent back by a bunch of people from the future to prevent the world from catastrophe, but now it's all destiny and Collier is actually a messiah who was predicted 90 years ago. Seriously, wtf?

Prustan
2007-07-21, 03:19 AM
I've seen every episode that's screened in New Zealand, and I'll definately watch if we get the next season, but Heroes is quite a bit better.

Averon
2007-07-21, 12:48 PM
I enjoy the show and think it's mostly well done. In regards to the Messiah thing, the story deals with time travel. Wouldn't be difficult for someone from the future to go back in time a few decades to drop off that book. Doesn't mean there was an actual religious movement, just that some guy said there was, because it would suit his needs for Jordan to be viewed as a Messiah.

Supposedly, the next episode has ten people from the future. I think the second season was the best so far. Incorporating time travel is touchy, and they seem to be relying on it pretty heavily now.

Thrivol
2007-07-21, 08:08 PM
EVERY SINGLE TIME I see a preview thingy ad I'm like "Ooooh! That's cool!" But I have no idea what it is, or whether it's good. Can we get a synopsis?

Basically, 4400 people appeared randomly on a mountain, all of them having disappeared at random times during the century. None of them have aged. It turns out people from the future got them, changed a few things in their heads, and sent them back. All of them now have weird abilities.

DraPrime
2007-07-21, 10:50 PM
Basically, 4400 people appeared randomly on a mountain, all of them having disappeared at random times during the century. None of them have aged. It turns out people from the future got them, changed a few things in their heads, and sent them back. All of them now have weird abilities.

You forgot to mention some other things. Every 4400 has a chemical called promicin in their blood that gives them their special ability. A guy called Jordan Collier (he's a 4400) has started to distribute promicin so that other people can gain abilities. The problem is the 50% of all people who take promicin die from it. A branch of the government called NTAC is trying to hunt Collier down.

BrokenButterfly
2007-07-22, 08:14 PM
I thought that The 4400 really shon out when there was a weird ability on show. Healing and prediction can be cool for example, but I didn't think there were enough ideas to keep this series fresh. And now it seems to be going slightly off the rails...

My favourite episode by far was the one featuring the insane woman that controlled others like drones, to construct a massive machine in her asylum's grounds. That was a cool idea for an ability, but perhaps the exception, not the rule.

Umbral_Arcanist
2007-07-23, 07:02 PM
I have one uncle who says the show is awesome and one who says it is pretty bad...

Though i have considered watching it simply because i hear Summer Glau plays a character not unlike River....