PDA

View Full Version : Shield/Capt America build for Pathfinder/Dreamscarred Press Soulknife

PatTime
2017-01-28, 02:54 PM
I really like the Soulknife character flavor and am currently playing a Fighter character with a Shield Master / Two Weapon Fighting build. I wondered if an effective Shield fighting (i.e., Captain America) character can be built using a Soulknife. I'm using the psionics content online as well as the three recent Psionics Augmented: Soulknife additions.

In order not to be the same thing as the two weapon shield master Fighter, I figured the Soulknife needs to not go the two weapon fighting route. However, most of the shield related blade skills aren't very good as they require expending psionic focus. Some do the same thing as feats. But if you build the character with shield feats, you're compelled to waste feats on redundancy or just have near the same thing as the fighter, but not as good.

Has anyone attempted this with success and come up with something unique?

My beef with spending psionic focus is that it's too good to give up casually (and lose benefits to feats like Speed of Thought), but many of the blade skills require expending it for lukewarm effects. You have to spend addition feats to either have more than one focus or get focus as a move action. The later is still a pretty big sacrifice.

Thanks!