PDA

View Full Version : Build Help - Alpha-Strike Sorcerer

Quertus
2017-01-28, 04:48 PM
So, funny story: this idea came from a come-and-go thread that keeps being deleted, and will borrow a little of its tech. Honestly, I didn't understand the half of it before it was deleted, so it'd like to see what the playground can come up with to fill in the gaps.

The idea is to build a sorcerer who wins at hide and seek, and, assuming he decides to attack, can launch a devastating alpha strike.

So, let's start with sorcerer 20. My first thought for winning hide and seek is dark whisper gnome, and perhaps some way to add persistent Compression. My go-to for raw power is Tainted Sorcerer, and persisting Veil of Undeath will certainly negate many of that prestige class' downsides.

So, what's missing? Most obviously, a way to persist an 8th level spell, and a way to make hide / move silently / spot / listen into class skills. What else would people want to add onto this build stub?

For items, it seems we'd want to prioritize boosts to skills, and to Wis and Dex.

Anything else anyone wants to add?

Twurps
2017-01-31, 10:57 AM
I didn't understand the half of it before it was deleted, so it'd like to see what the playground can come up with to fill in the gaps.

If you're thinking of the same tread I do, half is just about all there was to understand about it. Most of it was utter nonsense.

I don't really have any build advice other than: pictures of scarcely clothed sorcerers help to get interest going.

Quertus
2017-01-31, 12:08 PM
If you're thinking of the same tread I do, half is just about all there was to understand about it. Most of it was utter nonsense.

Ah. Ok. Book diving to understand all of it takes me way longer than the thread lasts. Glad to see someone respond to my thread, though. :smallwink:

So, what's missing? Most obviously, a way to persist an 8th level spell...

The Undead Battery feat can power Persisting all the spells. And Tainted Sorcerer makes creating undead free. So there's some cool synergy there.

Two questions: Anyone know the prerequisites for Undead Battery? And, in 3.x, can you cast Animate Dead on a previously-killed skeleton/zombie, like you could in previous editions of D&D?