PDA

View Full Version : Fate Stay Night - Shirou Build?

Arelai
2017-01-29, 05:51 PM
How would you guys build a DnD version of shirou from fate Stay night?

The obvious is level 3 Blade-Lock for the pact of the blade, so you can summon weapons and make copies.

Would you go forge cleric after that? Maybe a different caster and just flavor all your spells as created copies of magic weapons?

Spectre9000
2017-01-29, 05:57 PM
The problem is bladelocks only allow 1 weapon to be created. He uses two weapons. Nothing gives that. If you could get Druid 3 and Bladelock, you could use the warlocks blade that was conjured and flame blade. Good luck optimizing a build around that though. Animate Objects gives you an "infinite bladeworks" feel, but that requires a 9th level Bard/Sorcerer/Wizard/Forge Cleric, none of which are warlock or druid.

DarthPenance
2017-01-29, 06:35 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502673-Unlimited-Blade-Works-The-Guide-to-the-Ultimate-Paladin-Sorcerer-Multiclass

But seriously, I think a bladelock and cleric multiclass is the most you can get for conjuring weapons, I'm not the most knowledgeable so I'm probably wrong

Arcangel4774
2017-01-29, 06:52 PM
Eldritch knight can emulate summoning weapons. You can summon your weapons to yourself after you've affixed them to yourself.

Zeprido
2017-01-29, 07:36 PM
(Insert link I'm not allowed to quote here)

But seriously, I think a bladelock and cleric multiclass is the most you can get for conjuring weapons, I'm not the most knowledgeable so I'm probably wrong

I mean... "As for why there’s a big fat anime reference sitting on top of this guide, hell I have no idea. It probably has nothing to do with how I recently finished watching the Ufotable Fate/UBW anime. I mean, real honest, it has nothing to do with that. I’M SERIOUS!!!"

Some DM's will let you declare twinned weapons for Pact-Blade, maybe look into that? Could also see if you could homebrew a twinned weapon.

Hrugner
2017-01-29, 07:54 PM
Illusionist wizard. Mirage arcane and illusory reality should give you your reality marble. Malleable illusion and permanent illusion stockpiling should give you the infinite sword summoning. mirage arcane and animate objects should give you your summon sword barrage.

What else do you need?

Grayfigure
2017-01-29, 08:55 PM
I went Bladelock/Abjuration Wizard for my Archer attempt (mixed results, as you can guess). Needed the shield spell for the Rho Aias, and took Cloud of Daggers for thematic reasons. The rest of my spells were based off of things I saw him do or was alluded to in the anime and novels:

Flight/Superjumping? Jump/Feather Fall.
The Sword Circle that Held Tohsaka in UBW? Hold Person visually reflavored (thanks 5e!).
Moments of faster-than-eye movement? Expeditious Retreat.
Red Cloak? Mage Armor through the Armor of Shadows Invocation (thanks again 5e!).
Blade Archery? Reflavored Spells that I liked (noticing a theme in the thanks here? :P)
UBW? can't help you there. I think that would require a rather serious Homebrew, as there are things that are CLOSE, but just would not cut it.

The only thing I couldn't get around naturally was the dual wielding. Luckily, my DM worked with me to recreate Paired Weapons for 5e. In 4e, you used your main attack action to separate/recombine them, I believe. For 5e, we switched it to an Action, with it dropping to a Bonus Action if you invested in the Dual Wielder feat. After that, it was simple to design a paired (rather thick!) Rapier for DEX wielding.

All that said, its still a tough patch to row if you want to fight like Archer/Shirou. Warlock/Wizard is NOT designed for PROLONGED Melee Combat, blades or no blades. It can be done, but its a significant investment in time, and resources, with the Occasional DM Fiat thrown in.

Mine finally started to feel really good around lvl 8 (Invest in a Cloak of Displacement!!!!), and would feel downright great if I could roll worth a damn, lol.

Spectre9000
2017-01-29, 09:10 PM
Illusionist wizard. Mirage arcane and illusory reality should give you your reality marble. Malleable illusion and permanent illusion stockpiling should give you the infinite sword summoning. mirage arcane and animate objects should give you your summon sword barrage.

What else do you need?

Illusory Reality can't deal damage. Though, you did get me thinking, and he could pull this off with Pact of the Blade and Conjuration Wizard. Minor Conjuration allows you to conjure an inanimate object, which could be a shortsword which is what Shirou uses.

I'd recommend a build of Bladelock 3/Conjuration Wizard 9/Eldritch Knight 8. Obviously, you'd go Variant Human. I'd recommend Warcaster for the feat.

The rest of Hrugner's post are good ideas though. Mirage arcane would give you your reality marble, and you'll definitely want animate objects as has been mentioned a few times. The biggest problem is going to be how MAD you are, to which I'd recommend only getting 13 Cha and Int, and focusing on Dex and Con. The downside is, however, that magic weapons will only scale through your pact weapon.

Arenabait
2017-01-29, 11:19 PM
*Cough* *Cough* reddit.com/r/UnearthedArcana/comments/3o81ij/5e_spell_final_confrontation *Cough* *Cough*

Just... Just add a www. in front of that... I'm not allowed to post links yet... But if you can:

A. Find a way to get a ninth level slot, and

B. Convince your DM to let you use this spell, or some variation of it

Then you have your reality marble

Hrugner
2017-01-30, 01:41 AM
Illusory Reality can't deal damage. Though, you did get me thinking, and he could pull this off with Pact of the Blade and Conjuration Wizard. Minor Conjuration allows you to conjure an inanimate object, which could be a shortsword which is what Shirou uses.

I'd recommend a build of Bladelock 3/Conjuration Wizard 9/Eldritch Knight 8. Obviously, you'd go Variant Human. I'd recommend Warcaster for the feat.

The rest of Hrugner's post are good ideas though. Mirage arcane would give you your reality marble, and you'll definitely want animate objects as has been mentioned a few times. The biggest problem is going to be how MAD you are, to which I'd recommend only getting 13 Cha and Int, and focusing on Dex and Con. The downside is, however, that magic weapons will only scale through your pact weapon.

I assumed the no damage limitation was to prevent creating illusory fire, lava, boulders and other things that would do damage as you created them. Creating a weapon that would need to be animated or wielded seems slightly more reasonable, balanced at any rate. I'm not sure if any clarification was made on that topic.