PDA

View Full Version : 2 player role play games?

Williambart22
2017-01-29, 06:37 PM
Just looking for 2p roleplay games, even if it's your own version or even your own made up game, I'm willing to try it !

Kid Jake
2017-01-29, 06:43 PM
Anything can be 2 player with a little care. I've ran everything from Shadowrun and D&D to Paranoia with between 1 and 3 players, DM included. Is this really different enough from your last thread to warrant a new one though?

daniel_ream
2017-01-30, 01:57 AM
Scarlet Heroes lets you play any D&D module as two-player (DM plus one player).

There's also Beast Hunters, World vs. Hero, Mars Colony, Murderous Ghosts, Annalise, A Dirty World, Annalise, and De Profundis. Those are mostly narrative games.

James Bond 007, Call of Cthulhu, most detective and superhero games that don't require a warband to function can all work one-on-one.

Floret
2017-01-30, 08:03 AM
Two very storytelling-heavy and special ones to add to the list:

Both "A single Moment" as well as the sort-of Follow up sort-of second edition sort-of own thing "Reflections" (Which I do like better, personally, but involves even less dicerolling) are small games made specifically for two players.
You each play one person meeting for a (last) duel; in the "default version" Samurai, but there are alternative settings in both of the books. The story is then told in Flashbacks that tell how you got to this point. Very unusual but fun, if you like rather free-form games.

Knaight
2017-01-31, 11:45 AM
ERA: Epic Storytelling Game is made for either two or three players and doesn't work well beyond that. It's also pretty solid.

Thinker
2017-01-31, 02:01 PM
Which of the following are you looking for?

2 players - 1 player GM's, 1 player roleplays a character
2 players - No GM, 2 players roleplay a character
3 players - 1 player GM's, the other 2 players roleplay characters

Some people refer to the players as being distinct from the GM so I want to be certain of what you're asking.