PDA

View Full Version : A question about Templates.

Tainted_Scholar
2017-01-29, 06:56 PM
If a Dragon and Celestial loved each other very much, would their kid be a Half-Dragon Celestial, or a Half-Celestial Dragon?

Thurbane
2017-01-29, 07:04 PM
Could be either.

A half-dragon celestial or half-celestial dragon would both be fitting.

Maybe give it a straight 50/50 chance, unless one creature type (dragon or outsider) is more dominant in your campaign.

Zakerst
2017-01-29, 11:07 PM
As Thurbane said, but I'd go with the pokemon method, the base creature would be of the mother's type and the template of the father's type. (assuming of course they paired in that fashion)

Stealth Marmot
2017-01-30, 09:13 AM
Yes.

Anyway, I would go with half-celestial dragon because "Celestial" is a pretty broad term.

Uncle Pine
2017-01-30, 09:23 AM
Could be either, but since half-celestial is a way better template and dragons are generally stronger than most celestials, I'd make the baby hatch as a half-celestial dragon.

Shalist
2017-01-30, 09:32 AM
Base it off whatever the (edit: female) dragon was alterformed (/ polymorphed) into at the time. I.e. if they were a human, it could be a half-dragon, half-celestial human. Or if two silver dragons mate while they're elves, their children could be half-silver-dragon, half-silver-dragon elves. That would teach them to try and get around those lengthy incubation periods and other reproductive hurdles that ordinarily prevent major draconic population booms.

edit: Compatibility issues aside, I agree that it makes more sense for the mother to determine the base species