PDA

View Full Version : Scoundrél

RAGE KING!
2007-07-20, 07:38 PM
Will Captain Scoundrél come back?

- ha! in brasil they have these awesome keyboards that can do accents!

Discuss (Scoundrél, not keyboards)

Rama_Lei
2007-07-20, 07:40 PM
I hope so. For one thing, he's been named, featured, and developed a fair amount. Also, he still has the source book, what will Elan do when he levels up?

Skyshot
2007-07-20, 08:01 PM
Actually, Elan was the last person seen with the sourcebook (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0390.html).

Also, I kinda hope he doesn't come back. If he does he'll have to avoid Elan. Inevitable death isn't fun.

The Extinguisher
2007-07-20, 09:36 PM
Why do people make posts like this that make it look it the comic will end in like 50 strips.

Of course he will come back. He was and important character and has not been killed off yet. He'll be back. Like Hilgya, The Oracle and the Assasins.

Infact, he, unlike the others, has been guarenteed to show up. He's been given a future: Dying, mentor style, in Elan's arms.

Skyshot: But that gives way for a lot of jokes. Like Julio running away from Elan screaming "Get away from me! I don't want to die!"

Belkar's Left Foot
2007-07-20, 11:06 PM
I can totally see it now....

(OotS members sitting at a table making small talk)
Scoundrel:(Runs past) AHHHHHHHHH HE WON'T LEAVE ME ALONEEEEE I WANT TO LIIIIIVE!!!!!
Elan:(runs and stops at table) Awwww, I only wanted to give him a hug!
Haley: Don't worry sweetie, some people are just selfish.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-21, 12:39 AM
I can totally see it now....

(OotS members sitting at a table making small talk)
Scoundrel:(Runs past) AHHHHHHHHH HE WON'T LEAVE ME ALONEEEEE I WANT TO LIIIIIVE!!!!!
Elan:(runs and stops at table) Awwww, I only wanted to give him a hug!
Haley: Don't worry sweetie, some people are just selfish.

Hahaha! Awesome punchline. That was funny.

ChopSticks28
2007-07-21, 01:18 PM
What are you guys talking about? He fullfiled his duty in this comic, I doubt he's going to show up again. Plus he stated that he doesn't want to come back, I'm pretty sure Rich is telling us something here.

fangthane
2007-07-21, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't mind if he made a brief cameo or a small series to complete his clichéd death destiny, either one...

I don't anticipate that it has to happen in the course of the comic though.

RAGE KING!
2007-07-21, 04:44 PM
yah, i think it wouls be fun if he came back, and there would be a lot of obvious jokes there, but theres no real reason for him to.

Ithekro
2007-07-21, 05:20 PM
Well there could always be a need for an airship. Roy suggest one he thinks will be fast (being Scoundrel's) and Elan telling them no, because he doesn't want to be responsible for the man's death. Roy would probably ignore this, but Haley might not.

16oz
2007-07-21, 06:25 PM
I think a great place for him to come back would be for him to do the introduction at the start of one of the books (recently got On the Origins of PCs, and Redcloak did an intro in that). He could give some sort of 'saw them from afar' dialouge, or go into a bit greater depth on why he helped Elan. Other than that, though, someone who can make the top 100 swordsmen with just average physical stats is obviously going to be smart enough to avoid any situations where genre conventions would doom him to die.

JaxGaret
2007-07-21, 06:42 PM
- ha! in brasil they have these awesome keyboards that can do accents!

Ç ü é â ä à å ç ê ë è ï î ì Ä Å É æ Æ ô ö ò û ù ÿ ¢ £ ¥ ₧ ƒ á í ó ú ñ α ß Γ π Σ σ µ τ Φ Ω δ ∞ φ ε ∩

It's called ASCII.

Dwarkanath
2007-07-21, 07:40 PM
Ç ü é â ä à å ç ê ë è ï î ì Ä Å É æ Æ ô ö ò û ù ÿ ¢ £ ¥ ₧ ƒ á í ó ú ñ α ß Γ π Σ σ µ τ Φ Ω δ ∞ φ ε ∩

It's called ASCII.
Not exactly. ASCII is only the lower 7 bits (127 characters) of most encoding methods (ISO 8859-1, Unicode, etc). The above is a selection of ISO 8859-1 (sometimes called Latin-1) characters.

-- Dave

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-21, 10:11 PM
If they did an OotS movie, Mandy Patinkin would HAVE to play (or voice) Julio Scoundrél.