PDA

View Full Version : Kensai Magus OR Regular Magus for Dex-Build?

tatszico
2017-01-29, 11:42 PM
Hey all, i'm very interested in building a Magus, but i'm not sure if i want to go Kensai or regular Magus. Ultimately, i want dex to damage and weapon finesse. Because of the whole Slashing Grace ordeal, i was planning to just go for the Agility enchantment on my weapon.

With Kensai, i was planning to go with the Dueling Sword for the free weapon finesse feat (because they are proficient in exotic weapons). That way i don't have to waste feats if i were to go regular magus. however, i'm wondering if the drawbacks are worth it, which are the one less casting of spells per day and the lost of spell recall and the like.

What do u guys think? what are other alternatives to dex-to-damage magus?

dude123nice
2017-01-30, 02:01 AM
Just use a scimitar and go dervish dance, from what I remember that feat still works for magus. And a scimitar has a much greater critical threat range so it is better than a dueling sword since critical spellstrikes also double spell damage.

Kurald Galain
2017-01-30, 02:05 AM
At most levels, regular Magus is better. Kensai doesn't come into its own until level 11 or so.

There are several alternative options in this Magus guide (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus&).