PDA

View Full Version : Easy question, looking for a feat

SadisticFishing
2007-07-20, 08:02 PM
Supposedly there's a feat that, if you have two caster classes, lets your caster levels stack for spells that are on both spell lists. What's it called and what book is it in?

TheLogman
2007-07-20, 08:08 PM
I searched the Feat Directory, and found nothing, sorry not to be of any help, but at least now you know that it's not 3.5, or endorsed by Wizards.

SadisticFishing
2007-07-20, 08:10 PM
Alright, just outta curiosity, what'd you search for?

Thanks though, that's totally good enough if you're right, I've only ever heard of it on message boards.

Everyman
2007-07-20, 08:39 PM
On the Wizard's site, there is a section called Consolidated Lists. It lists all classes, PrCs, and feats ever printed, with a short description. Lemme find the link....
EDIT: Gah...the WotC site is down right now. I'll come back and post it in a bit, assuming someone doesn't beat me to it.

Anxe
2007-07-20, 08:45 PM
There's a feat called Practiced Spellcaster which gives you a +4 caster level in any one class, but your caster level cannot go beyond your HD/character level. The prerequisite is spellcraft 4 ranks I believe. Similar to what you wanted.

SadisticFishing
2007-07-20, 08:53 PM
I meant did he do a Ctrl+F, or read them all... heh, I should have read them all :P

Yeah, Practiced Spellcaster is good, but the real point is that a Wizard 5/Cleric 5/Mystic Theurge 10 can cast spells on both lists as caster level 30. Now, I can't think of any spells that would be useful for other than Dispel Magic at the moment, but I've been looking for the exact wording of the feat for a while. I guess the reason I couldn't find it is that it doesn't exist?

lotofsnow
2007-07-20, 08:53 PM
There's a feat called Practiced Spellcaster which gives you a +4 caster level in any one class, but your caster level cannot go beyond your HD/character level. The prerequisite is spellcraft 4 ranks I believe. Similar to what you wanted.

That only applies to one casting class though, right? I think what he's looking for is, if he has Magic Missile as a Wizard spell and Magic Missile as a Sorcerer spell, his wizard and sorcerer levels stack when determining the caster level, i.e. how many missiles are fired. Am I right?

If I am, I've never heard of such a feat. The Ultimate Magus PrC increases your caster level in both your prepared and spontaneous casting classes, but that's the closest to what you want that I know and its not really close at all.

Quietus
2007-07-20, 08:54 PM
I meant did he do a Ctrl+F, or read them all... heh, I should have read them all :P

Yeah, Practiced Spellcaster is good, but the real point is that a Wizard 5/Cleric 5/Mystic Theurge 10 can cast spells on both lists as caster level 30. Now, I can't think of any spells that would be useful for other than Dispel Magic at the moment, but I've been looking for the exact wording of the feat for a while. I guess the reason I couldn't find it is that it doesn't exist?

Wouldn't help for Dispels, because you'd still have a max of +20 on greater dispel. It would, however, help for penetrating spell resistance.

On the other hand, any sane DM will rule that it can only count up to your character level.

Anxe
2007-07-20, 08:59 PM
I didn't say it was the feat. Just that it was similar. I'll go check my lexicon for the feat you think exists.

Anxe
2007-07-20, 09:07 PM
Didn't see such a feat. I'm inclined to think you made it up. You can make one up if you wish and have your DM approve it.

SadisticFishing
2007-07-20, 09:09 PM
Thank you! That's what I was looking for.

Damn other forums and their wasting my time...

Anxe
2007-07-20, 09:12 PM
You're welcome, and now, "To the Bat Cave Robin!"

TheLogman
2007-07-20, 09:54 PM
Oh, and even though it's after the fact, I brought up the whole page, and used Mozilla Firefox's search bar to search for Caster Level, and Caster.