PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Does sneak attack and skirmish stack?

Zellsantal
2017-01-30, 10:56 AM
I'm sure this question been asked many times before though after looking online I couldn't get a clear answer for there is some say that it can and others say they can't. The character idea I have in mind is to be a range damage dealer and a friend of mind told me of a feet that would let me stake rogue and ranger levels to stake sneak attack and favored enemy but I forgotten what the feat was called and been trying to find it again with no luck. As I was looking I come to look at the swift hunter and ambusher feats and it made be wonder if you could stack sneak attack and skirmish? To my understanding there is nothing that said you can't, however I wouldn't be here if I wasn't sure.

What I'm going for is if I could Rogue1/Scout1/18 Ranger (maybe Cragtop Archer in the mix) to make a badass range build. With the feats I am thinking of (if I can find the name for the ranger and rogue stack) I would in a way have three class's in one. I would like your thoughts and also an answer to my question if you can (also if you know the feat name I'm looking for that be great too) and point out which page and book that said's I can or can't.

Tiri
2017-01-30, 11:14 AM
Yes, Sneak Attack and Skirmish damage stack. There is nothing to say that they can't, and being separate sources of damage they stack by default.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-01-30, 12:08 PM
Sneak Attack and Skirmish do stack, yes... provided you can activate both of them simultaneously, which is not the easiest task in the world. Your build, however, would not work. Swift Hunter effectively adds a Skirmish progression to the Ranger, while Swift Ambusher effectively adds a Skirmish progression to the Rogue**-- they don't go both ways, and they're not communative, so you can't go Rogue->Scout->Ranger. You'd have to do something like Scout 4/Rogue 16, which would leave you with 8d6 Sneak Attack and 5d6 (7d6 with Improved Skirmish)/+5 Skirmish. If you want Sneak Attack with full BAB, you could do something like Rogue 3/Swashbuckler 17 with the Daring Outlaw feat, which effectively adds a Sneak Attack progression to the Swashbuckler, but you can't get Skirmish too that way.

*And a Favored Enemy progression to the Scout, but no-one cares about that part
**And lets you add Skirmish and Sneak Attack to qualify for Ambush feats, but that part's not exciting either.

Fouredged Sword
2017-01-30, 03:41 PM
Yeah, you want to do one or the other, swift ambusher OR swift hunter.

The best bet for sneak attack skirmish is likely a travel devotion full attack TWFing flanker. Tumble into a flanking position and mess something's day up. Likely needs a cleric dip and maybe a swordsage dip for isle of blades to flank from any angle

scout 3 / swordsage 1 / cleric 1 / rogue 15

Burns a ton of feats though. Weapon finesse, TWFing, improved TWFing...

It can be done though.