PDA

View Full Version : Extra Spell Slots feat Question

Catarang
2017-01-30, 01:48 PM
I currently am in the middle of an E6 pathfinder game, where I am playing a Oracle 2/Sorcerer 1. The prerequisite for the Extra spell slots feat is Spellcaster class level 3. I'm planning to take Mystic Theurge for my next three levels through early entry tricks. Will I qualify for the Extra Spell Slots feat by level 5, or will I need to take it after level 6, or will I never qualify for it?

My final build will look like this:
Oracle 2/Sorcerer 1/Mystic Theurge 3

Buufreak
2017-01-30, 01:54 PM
I currently am in the middle of an E6 pathfinder game, where I am playing a Oracle 2/Sorcerer 1. The prerequisite for the Extra spell slots feat is Spellcaster class level 3. I'm planning to take Mystic Theurge for my next three levels through early entry tricks. Will I qualify for the Extra Spell Slots feat by level 5, or will I need to take it after level 6, or will I never qualify for it?

My final build will look like this:
Oracle 2/Sorcerer 1/Mystic Theurge 3

I'm not too familiar with Oracle, but MT should progress Sorc up to 4, meaning you will have a caster level of 4 by then, and caster level of 3 by level 5. So yea, definitely at the 5th level and beyond.

Catarang
2017-01-30, 02:00 PM
I'm not too familiar with Oracle, but MT should progress Sorc up to 4, meaning you will have a caster level of 4 by then, and caster level of 3 by level 5. So yea, definitely at the 5th level and beyond.

Sorry, I should have provided a link (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/rogue-genius-games/general-feats/extra-spell-slots) to the actual feat.

It mentions class level in the prerequisite, not caster level.

Bakkan
2017-01-30, 02:39 PM
It seems to me that you will never quality for it. You do not have 3 levels in either Oracle or Sorcerer, and Mystic Theurge is not a spellcasting class since it does not provide the capability to cast spells in the first place.