PDA

View Full Version : Vile damage vs Nonlethal convertion (3.5)

flappeercraft
2017-01-31, 12:49 AM
So does any source of convetion of damage to nonlethal make Vile damage nonlethal or not? So would Vile damage affect someone with regeneration or a Pugilist normally?

Xanyo
2017-05-02, 06:07 PM
The fact that it is Vile is irrelevant. Pugilist converts ALL damage to nonlethal. Regeneration converts ALL(except...) to nonlethal. It's still Vile, but it's nonlethal now. Finding obscure damage types isn't going to help you.

ZamielVanWeber
2017-05-02, 06:13 PM
There is a rule that vile damage cannot be non-lethal, so it is not quite as clearcut as it seems. Truth be told I am not 100% sure what happens, if it stops being vile when converted to non-lethal or it cheats its way through nonlethal conversion.

Necroticplague
I see no reason that Vile damage can't be nonlethal. It's only special trait is being hard to heal. So beating on a Pugilist or someone with Regeneration using Vile damage will eventually knock them out permanently, even if it can't kill them.

flappeercraft
I had forgotten I even posted this...... Well at least I got an answer

ZamielVanWeber
2017-05-02, 06:15 PM
I see no reason that Vile damage can't be nonlethal. It's only special trait is being hard to heal. So beating on a Pugilist or someone with Regeneration using Vile damage will eventually knock them out permanently, even if it can't kill them.

Lemme see if I can find my copy of the BoVD, but I recall seeing a rule somewhere that says that vile damage is lethal only.

flappeercraft
2017-05-02, 06:27 PM
Lemme see if I can find my copy of the BoVD, but I recall seeing a rule somewhere that says that vile damage is lethal only.

I just checked was not able to find anything on BoVD, also on the while since it took someone to respond I didn't find an answer either, presumably it can be nonlethal damage and I will just go on with that since nothing says it can't