PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Twisted Fate in Pathfinder?

WarrentheHero
2017-02-01, 01:54 AM
I accidentally stumbled across the Card Caster archetype for Magus recently, and realized it would make the basis for Twisted Fate from League of Legends. For those who may not know, Twisted Fate is a gambler and con man who betrayed his best friend and partner for a chance to acquire magic. In-game, he throws cards for all methods of attack, including the ability to choose one of three options to stun one enemy, slow in an AoE, or deal more damage and regain mana. His "Ultimate" ability allows him to teleport over a vast area.

Great main goal with recreating him will of course be the card-throwing. Deadly Dealer from Card Caster is great, but Darts (d4) sort of suck, so the primary issue is to increase his damage with darts. I found the Startoss feat chain, but I don't have enough system mastery to tell whether that feat chain is a trap or not.

Basically, I need to make throwing a viable strategy, which I understand is difficult enough already when your primary weapon is more than a d4. The CC choices are optional though preferred, and a Magus gains access to Dimension Door and Teleport on its own.

Right now I'm thinking something like
Level 1: Magus [Card Caster]
-Spellcasting
-Deadly Dealer
-Arcane Pool Focus
-Spell Combat
-Feat: Deadly Dealer
-Feat: Arcane Strike
-Feat: Point Blank Shot
There's a few issues here off the bat. First is that Spell Combat doesn't work with our cards/darts. So there's a synergy issue, but overall it doesn't take away from the build, so it gets a pass. Second is Arcane Strike. The Deadly Dealer class feature states that I do not need Arcane Strike for DD to work. So I could free up a feat in the build, but then I would lose the +1 damage. Overall I think AS is worth it here because of our weak damage, but there's a potential extra feat sitting there.
[B]Level 2:
-Harrowed Spell Strike
Nothing crazy here. Touch spells on our thrown weapon attacks (not just cards)
Level 3:[/B
-Role Dealer
-Feat: Precise Shot
A boost to our crit potential, and the ability to fire into melee. Not strictly needed, but this is not a front-line build so we might fire I to melee a lot.
[B]Level 4:
-Spell recall
Level 5:
-Feat: Weapon Focus:Dart
-Feat[Bonus]: Startoss Style
+1 to hit and a scaling +2 to damage, also opens up the multi-hit potential for the Startoss chain. From here it's basically continue the Startoss chain and keep buffi g that throw.

Thoughts?