PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5/Pathfinder built crossover parties

Agrippa
2017-02-01, 04:35 AM
Have you ever watched a handful of shows/movies, read a few books or played some video games and thought to yourself, "What would a team/party with some of these characters look like?" It's a common thought I know. Now since we're in a D&D 3.5/Pathfinder subforum my second thought is, "What sort of 3.5/Pathfinder class, if any, would fit those characters?" I'm not talking about posting full character stats though, that's what Xaroth's NPC threads are for. More like rough ideas.

They come from different backgrounds and different worlds. Some bear the names of famous or infamous houses, some the names of common houses, names they've chosen themselves, bastard names or in one case no name at all. So we gather here now to honor and bare witness to the courage of these men, and one woman, that stand here, and to their great deeds, past, present and future. Those few, those happy few, that Band of Bastards.

(By the way, when I say warrior I don't mean the warrior NPC class, I mean a a good solid main combatant class. Something like one of Paizo's hybrid primary warrior classes - bloodrager, brawler, hunter, slayer, swashbuckler or warpriest. That or one of the Path of War classes or one from Spheres of Might.)

Band of Bastards
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Bend_Sinister_demo.svg
(Change the shield to gold and the barre sinister to silver)

Richard Edgar Castle, birth name Richard Alexander Rogers (Castle) - Pathfinder investigator (sleuth and empiricist hybrid), relatively low level - investigator/social adept/financier/morale

Sterling Malory Archer (Archer) - Pathfinder slayer (Pathfinder assassin base class) and brawler - fighter/spy/thief/scout/drunk pain in the ass

Edward and Alphonse Elric (Full Metal Alchemist manga and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime) - spherecaster of some sort for both and some sort of warrior for Edward - battlefield control and support (both), weapon shaper (Edward, can create functional, if needlessly barque melée or throwing weapons for himself or others by deconstructing and reconstructing nearby metal or even sand)

Jon Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire, book continuity and Game of Thrones, show continuity) - some sort of non-spell casting warrior or scout class, relatively lower-leveled than than some of the party but higher-level than Hank and Dean - fighter/scout/sniper (with a bow and arrow)

Gendry (A Song of Ice and Fire, book continuity and Game of Thrones, show continuity) - low level warrior - fighter/support (armor and weapon forging and maintenance)

Det. Robert Goren (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) - Pathfinder investigator (sleuth and empiricist hybrid), relatively low level - investigator/behavioral profiler/linguistics/contacts with numerous experts in their fields/encyclopedic knowledge of multiple areas of expertise

Hank and Dean Venture (The Venture Brothers) - brawler/scout for Hank and Pathfinder alchemist for Dean, with his alchemy as Super Science(TM), both rather low-level - fighter/scout/infiltration (Hank), support/blowing things up/repair work (Dean) potentially weaponized insanity (both)

Terra/Tina Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - 3.5 or Pathfinder Dreamscarred Press psion/warrior class/Pathfinder synthesist summoner or SoP shifter - fighter/healer/support/wrath of God in human form/glowing pink-furred rage monster

Thomas Raith (The Dresden Files) - warrior/low-level 3.5 or Pathfinder Dreamscarred Press psion - fighter/charmer/financier/minor league utility spell caster/High Priest of the God of Bowflex/supernatural strongman

Gregory House M.D. (House/House M.D. depending on where in the world you live) - Pathfinder vivisectionist alchemist - healer/thief/pain in the ass/weak point attacker

Bane (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_(comics)) (DC Comics Batman) - Pathfinder slayer/brawler/Dreamscarred Press warder/Pathfinder alchemist (internal alchemist, vivisectionist and ragechemist) - fighter/mastermind/financier/scout/social adept/token evil teammate/infiltration/healer (if and when he feels like it)

TheBrassDuke
2017-02-01, 10:28 AM
I feel Terra Branford would be a great Sorceress--3.5 or Pathfinder.

Karl Aegis
2017-02-01, 03:16 PM
Get me 3-5 Straight Mans, 1 No Sense of Humor, 1 Large Ham, 1 Navigation System and 1 Lancer. No Heros and no Comic Relief.

Something like Beauty (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo), Shinpachi (Gintama), Charles Foster Ofdenson (Metalocalypse), M.Bison (Street Fighter), Melfina (Outlaw Star), and Kittan Bachika (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann). That'd be one hell of a team.