PDA

View Full Version : Need some fluff help with a potential Strange Aeons character

curious-puzzle
2017-02-01, 02:25 PM
So our next game is looking like it'll be the Strange Aeons adventure path (Whoo! Get to finally try Pathfinder!), and as usual I have a metric ton of characters I want to try. However, I have one build that while it looks like a lot of fun mechanically, I just can't come up with anything interesting enough for a theme.

I was looking at a Warder, but using the Zweihander sentinel archetype and the Bushi template, and focusing on Scarlet Throne, Mithral Current, and Veiled Moon (using the wandering way tradition) for disciplines. So I'd end up with a teleporting, Iaijitsu-striking (with a great sword) duelist sort. Fluff wise, though, I've stalled at, "Foreign swordsman in a strange land" or "blatant ripoff of Byakuya from Bleach."

Any suggestions/ideas for something not quite so cliche? I don't need anything giant, honestly just short little blurbs to point the brain in another direction would be awesome.

Thanks!

Biguds
2017-02-01, 07:18 PM
I'm playing this AP right now with a Human Medium (Voice of The Void).
Our other characters are Human Barbarian (Moon Cursed) and Human Investigator.
What I can tell you: immersion is the best way to play this AP! So, a character for a lovecraftian-horror-amnesia-style-game would be ideal.
But, as It is yours, a capable melee is great. But also a healer and skilled guy

curious-puzzle
2017-02-02, 09:37 AM
But what sort of story ideas can we come up with for this build?

Krazzman
2017-02-02, 10:11 AM
Trust your DM. Without spoilering anything you start with basically amnesia (certainly read the players guide).

As such my character has a really loose back story. Basically just a young Bastard prince that had to study laws and other stuff as well as a slight military background. The rest will be filled by my DM.