View Full Version : Been way too long how many we count.

Tharr
2007-07-21, 03:04 AM
This is very simple issue the issue comic 475 was done on Saturday and 476 was done on Tuesday so this mean we are waiting on two comic before week is over just checking because started to forget plot.

Inyssius Tor
2007-07-21, 03:08 AM
... what the heck are you talking about?

Are you complaining because you don't like the amount of comics this week?

Hankosha
2007-07-21, 03:12 AM
Look - If you read the important Announcement about OOTS, you'll know that Rich is sick, and is trying to post as many comics as he can per week, but there's only so much he can do while he's sick. He said he'd be updating at random, and that means we can't always get our 3 comics a week.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-07-21, 07:52 AM
It could be worse... "Goblins-Life Through Their Eyes" is also very good, but only posts once a week... There are currently two cliffhangers going on (and one quite literally!) as Complains of Names, Thaco, and the rest battle the guards in Brassmoon city, while Dies Horribly is hanging over the side of a cliff in a "slave tent" that has been broken loose from its mounts!

Both are fabulous strips, with some of the best stories going on, but the nature of webcomics is like reading a book, one to three pages at a time. And when the author runs into problems in real life, we as readers just have to find something else to do.

Like calculate the time it's been since the beginning of the story. Or play guessing games as to V's gender, the Oracle's prophesy, where Miko will end up, whether she will come back or not, the nature of the MidT (Mikey), or any number of things.

(I'm hoping that when the end is revealed, the MitD turns out to be Mikey from American Chopper! And that Rich shows us the OotS Chopper, with all the special artwork all over the tank!)

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-21, 03:43 PM
This is very simple issue the issue comic 475 was done on Saturday and 476 was done on Tuesday so this mean we are waiting on two comic before week is over just checking because started to forget plot.

TRANSLATION: I am here today to discuss a very simple issue with the comic. Strip 475 was completed on Saturday, and strip 476 was completed on Tuesday. Since today is Saturday, this means we have only gotten two strips this week, not the three strips that were promised. I'm just checking, because I'm starting to forget the plot.

At least that's my interpretation. I don't think Tharr likes articles (a, and, the).

Scarab83
2007-07-21, 03:48 PM
Tharr talk like Thog.

Tharr have unwarranted sense of entitlement.

FujinAkari
2007-07-21, 05:17 PM
Saturdays Comic had two comics in it.

2 + 1 = 3.

Hushdawg
2007-07-21, 08:12 PM
Hey, Mockingbird and Scarab, it is obvious that English is not Tharr's native tongue. Don't give him such a hard time over it. English is a very difficult language to learn if one is not exposed to it at a young age.

Tharr: I think you need to do what I do anytime a new comic comes out, skip back two and read three strips at once, it helps keep up the pacing of the plot fresh in your mind.
Also, Tharr, be kind to Rich. He's doing this for free and if you read the news page I think you'll understand why there are sometimes delays.
Other than that. Whenever I get too anxious and nervous waiting for a new strip to come out I like to go back and read the early strips or even read Erfworld to keep myself entertained.

Bunyip
2007-07-21, 08:56 PM
I agree with Hushdawg on both his points. Even when the comics were not random, I used to a) read the new comic - just couldn't resist - b) skip back and read the last two priors and c) reread the new comic then go to the forum.

I don't mind the randomness because it's always a treat to check and find a new comic waiting.

Even native speakers of variants of English other that American can have troubles with translations at times. The grammatic conventions are even not always the same.

:roach: slaving as a hot stove.

mockingbyrd7
2007-07-21, 09:10 PM
I apologize if anyone thought I was being harsh, I didn't mean to criticize him. I personally had trouble reading his post and it seemed that others did as well, so I thought it might be fun to post a translation.

Gorbash Kazdar
2007-07-21, 09:11 PM
Comrade Gorby: I will reiterate that everyone should read the important announcement (http://www.giantitp.com/index.html#yOSODsgTNhjraLs4GSe).

Also, I will reference this thread regarding the next comic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51422), which provides exciting news.

Lastly, per the rules:

Inappropriate Topics
The following topics are always off-limits on these forums, no matter what (hence, Inappropriate Topics). Any posts including these topics will be edited, and any threads started to discuss these topics will be locked.
Missed/Late Comics: Threads speculating on when a comic will be posted or why it may be late will be locked; this does not apply to official threads started by site staff providing notification of a late comic. This applies to both Order of the Stick and Erfworld.
Thusly, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/statusicon/thread_lock.gif