PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e Questionnaire

nReaper91
2017-02-02, 04:34 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm doing a research about how to improve D&D 5e, it would be really helpful if you could invest 2-3 minutes of your time to fill out this questionnaire.

https://goo.gl/forms/HPD8Eu8zS5h4PL533

Kind regards!

ChubbyRain
2017-02-02, 08:50 AM
Looked at your survey and it has nothing to do with "how to improve 5e".

All of these questions are just personal information, play habits, and spending habits.

Kinda sketchy dude. Didn't submit anything.

nReaper91
2017-02-02, 09:02 AM
Looked at your survey and it has nothing to do with "how to improve 5e".

All of these questions are just personal information, play habits, and spending habits.

Kinda sketchy dude. Didn't submit anything.

It's okay if you think so,
the 'personal information' i requested is just gender and age - these do not mean anything by themselves. Just need those to know what kind of people are filling in the survey.
Yes, there is one question about how much money you've spend on D&D. That information paired with people classifying themselves as Player or DM will tell me a bit out if they've bought any books or using the documents that WotC provides.

The rest of the question are all focusing on the content of D&D.
These are for figuring out where to focus on.

I hope this clarifies a few of the questions.

Kind Regards.

Blacky the Blackball
2017-02-02, 09:06 AM
I got the impression from the questionnaire that the OP wants to write and sell some third party material and is fishing for what bits of the game people would like to see new third party stuff for (adventures, character options, monsters, etc.)

I filled in the questionnaire, but I don't think my answers will be much use on that front - I basically said that I'm happy with the game as it is and don't need any third party material. That wasn't trolling; it's how I actually feel about the game.

My advice to the OP would be that you're going about it the wrong way. Don't write material based on what you think people want. Write material based on what interests you. The quality of the end result will be much better if you do, because you'll be more invested in it and your enthusiasm will come through in the writing.

nReaper91
2017-02-02, 09:48 AM
I got the impression from the questionnaire that the OP wants to write and sell some third party material and is fishing for what bits of the game people would like to see new third party stuff for (adventures, character options, monsters, etc.)

You are half right, i might write some 3rd-part material based on my findings. But i do not plan to sell it, this is an assignment from University. I'm a 4th year Communication and Multimedia Design student at Avans University of applied sciences in the Netherlands.

My plan is to write some recommendations and maybe some optional rules. But i do certainly not plan to write adventures, make new monsters, etc, based on my findings. I have done in the past, but that was only to satisfy my own interests.

I hope this answer satisfies you.

Kind regards.

Joe the Rat
2017-02-02, 10:12 AM
Good luck!

I've contributed. You left "Basic" D&D off of your options. OD&D and D&D (the B/X and BECMI/Compendium versions) are different things, and yes, people who've played them are pedantic enough to care about the distinction.

Plaguescarred
2017-02-02, 12:09 PM
I just filled your survey as best as i could i hope it'll help you out!

Grod_The_Giant
2017-02-02, 01:28 PM
Submitted. Props to you for including a nonbinary gender option, by the by.

Fishyninja
2017-02-02, 01:59 PM
Submitted, as Grod said. Props for the non-binary choice.

nReaper91
2017-02-02, 02:07 PM
Thanks for all your submissions!!
This is really helping me out

Fishyninja
2017-02-02, 02:50 PM
De nada. Will you be publishing the results once you have finished your work?