PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [3.5] Tibbit/Tressym Combination

lylsyly
2017-02-02, 10:55 AM
I have been having a fun thought ... A Tibbit wizard or sorcerer with a Tressym familiar, but how could I get wings on the Tibbit?

Ruethgar
2017-02-02, 11:02 AM
Two flaws for Dragontouched and Dragon Wings, pick Couatl as your dragon wings. Not the most inexpensive method, costing two feats or a feat and an LA(Draconic), but it is quick and easy to apply.

Celestial Wings graft if you wanted to be Evil.

Also the Animal Companion ACF with Obtain Familiar and Theurgic Bond could get you a beefy Tressym companion(x1.5 Wizard level Animal Companion). If you just wanted to go all out with a pack of cats, Wild Cohort could work too.

Uncle Pine
2017-02-02, 11:08 AM
Tibbits specifically transform into house cats, so even adding templates to a tibbit wouldn't give you a winged cat. However, the Fell Flight invocation works (you can use Obtain Familiar to grab one as a Warlock). Alternatively, fluff the Fly spell to give you wings.

WhamBamSam
2017-02-02, 11:26 AM
Thrall of Orcus (BoVD) has an ability to sprout demon wings, but you can't get a Tresym familiar if you're evil.

The Eagle's Wings Wild feat allows you to spend Wild Shape uses to grow wings. Maybe if you used the Shapeshifter PrC from OA?

Persisted Footsteps of the Divine gives flight by way of wings.

Adamantine Wings gives you wings that you can fly or attack with for hours/level.

Animal Devotion can give you wings. A Sorcerer/Sacred Exorcist or Dread Necromancer would probably have sufficient fuel.

ShurikVch
2017-02-02, 11:51 AM
Pegasus Cloak soulmeld, Chakra Bind (Shoulders)?
Unfortunately it will be 12th level (or 9th level - in Incarnate or Totemist)

Ruethgar
2017-02-02, 12:44 PM
Tibbits specifically transform into house cats, so even adding templates to a tibbit wouldn't give you a winged cat. However, the Fell Flight invocation works (you can use Obtain Familiar to grab one as a Warlock). Alternatively, fluff the Fly spell to give you wings.

The template I suggested was just for the Dragonblood subtype, Dragon Wings is a feat and usable in pretty much all forms, that's a big reason why I like it so much(aside from the extra free movement). Also, while mechanically they turn into house cats, that is their true form by fluff and it wouldn't be unreasonable logically speaking(though not so much balance wise)to treat it as such.

lylsyly
2017-02-02, 01:26 PM
And Wings of Flying or the Buffeting Wings Graft are out of reach till L12 or More.

Sounds like the easiest way is the Dragontouched and Dragon Wings Feats (of course they won't be really useful till L12).

Or the Alter Self spell (Raptoran), but that still leaves me level dependant.

Hmm ...

Uncle Pine
2017-02-02, 01:35 PM
The template I suggested was just for the Dragonblood subtype, Dragon Wings is a feat and usable in pretty much all forms, that's a big reason why I like it so much(aside from the extra free movement). Also, while mechanically they turn into house cats, that is their true form by fluff and it wouldn't be unreasonable logically speaking(though not so much balance wise)to treat it as such.

I didn't see your message until after I posted. I was actually thinking about the winged template from Savage Species, or any other template that grants wings like half-dragon, etc.

Dragon Wings is a cool one and lets you do all sorts of odd things, similarly to the Adamantine Body feat on any character with access to Wild Shape or any other morphing ability. (http://editorial.designtaxi.com/news-mechani1006/2.jpg)