PDA

View Full Version : The bar did not burn down

Telonius
2017-02-02, 01:11 PM
So, in this weekend's Ravenloft game, our party had entered a tavern, and was accosted by several cultists, who were in a "nonviolent" sect that was threatening to take over the town. The party Monk was having none of it, and threw a punch. DM was slightly flabbergasted (the Monk being the least likely member of the party to actually start a bar fight), and started drawing the bar on the battlemat. I helpfully added a water trough outside the window.

To everybody's surprise, the scuffle actually calmed down. Our pyromaniac wizard held her fire, the window remained tragically un-shattered, the water trough remained uninhabited, the whole thing turned into just a tense situation, and my Cleric of Olidammara gave the bartender a 20gp tip. I'm thinking this may be a first in gaming.

Any other stories of narrowly-avoided gaming tropes?

WbtE
2017-02-02, 06:17 PM
One game I played in had the premise that the PCs all met outside of a bar. :smallwink:

Kelb_Panthera
2017-02-02, 08:34 PM
I don't have a story of my own. Heck, I was flabbergasted by the thread title. I didn't even know that was a thing that -could- happen.

Velaryon
2017-02-02, 08:56 PM
I did a thing once where someone else burned down a bar and the PC's tracked him down, got him locked up, and sold his gear to pay for the place to be rebuilt.

Alias Unknown
2017-02-03, 01:36 AM
My group's fighter has a tendency to kick door, never managed to kick one in. One time he kicked the door and did about 2 damage to himself, another time he kicked a door waking up hydra which proceed to fire breathe me. Most recent time he attempted to kick another door me and another player grappled him to stop him and the oracle banished he from time for 3 in game minutes.

Incorrect
2017-02-03, 04:00 AM
My group owned a bar, and installed non-lethal traps in order to stop bar fights from destroying it.