PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Weapon Challenge: Club

Foxman778
2017-02-02, 02:28 PM
I have a challenge for all you playgrounders today.

I want to see builds that optimize the use of a particular weapon: The Club.

Paizo Only, 20pt buy, Level 8.

I'm looking for builds that actively use the club, not ones that just carry them.

Krazzman
2017-02-02, 02:37 PM
Be bard. Skill focus on profession bartending. Hire bard friends to dj at your new venue called club.

Or going un Rogue with the sap adept feat line.

Blyte
2017-02-02, 03:31 PM
Druid Ape Shaman 6, Fighter 2

Turn into a huge ape

Use a tree which is appropriately sized as a club for a creature one category over huge, as an improvised great club, using throw anything or catch offguard feats, to negate improvised penalties.

Cast shillelagh on it.

Use vital strike and improvised weapon mastery.

Eventually add improved crit and devastating strike.

Make things wink out of existance when you pick up handfulls of dice to roll

icefractal
2017-02-02, 03:32 PM
[Class with sneak attack] 8, feats are TWF, Sap Adept, Sap Master, and either Improved TWF or Enforcer (or both, if Human). Use two clubs with the Merciful enhancement. If taking Enforcer, the Unnatural Presence trait may be worthwhile so that it works on Animals and Vermin.

Get someone to cast Haste and that's up to five attacks for at least 10d6+9 each which make foes Shaken for the entire combat and beyond. For best results combine with a different source of Shaken so the enemies just run away.

Sadly I don't know of a way for clubs to be touch attacks, so this won't be quite as effective as the gun version. And it has the flaw that against enemies who ignore nonlethal damage, it drops considerably. But if you used Vivisectionist Alchemist as your class, you can always fall back on spells.

the_archduke
2017-02-02, 04:00 PM
War Drummer Skald gets improved critical: club, a scaling damage bonus for clubs and can quick draw clubs. (Also the same with great clubs).

Half-orc Fated Champion War Dummer Skald would make an excellent build. Get a familiar with a feat (take the valet archetype) and amplified rage. +6-+10 str/con for you and your familiar (+2-+6 for the rest of the party).

Beat faces in with your club.

Profit.

Molosse
2017-02-02, 04:06 PM
Siegebreaker Foehammer Fighter of Rovagug

Walk around with a shield of choice and a Club. Bull Rush everyone with Spiked Destroyer, Breaker Rush (Ex) and Merciless Rush. Also occasionally hit someone with your Club until Level 11 when you get to hit someone with said Club and: Bull Rush, Overrun, Trip and stab someone with your Armour Spikes as a Standard Action all the while dealing decent extra damage on each Bull Rush and Overrun.

Xethik
2017-02-02, 04:08 PM
I remember seeing a clever build based on throwing clubs, if I recall. Warpriest was involved (probably?). I think it worshiped the Ng, the Eldest.