PDA

View Full Version : Odin as Character Concept

Sianthus
2017-02-02, 02:52 PM
Hey everyone, how would you build a PC as the Norse god Odin, the Allfather, the one god with the most names in history so I shan't list them here?

I was thinking maybe Battlemaster/EK Fighter X with Divination Wizard X? Start at 1 of each and proceed from there. He's obviously a warrior so Fighter, and the Divination helps with his whole Seer schtick.

Or maybe Totem Barbarian would work too, specifically going into Hawk all the time because it's very similar to his motif. Mixed With Divination Wizard again aha.

If you need to know, assume we start at level 3, point buy stats, (Variant) Human Race i guess..? Or some kind of Aasimar. Whatever you think that's appropriate :D

How would you build and level through a standard 3-15 campaign? :D

Thanks in advance!

P.s. Bonus if he uses a spear! Or a polearm at least!

GlenSmash!
2017-02-02, 04:22 PM
Odin fights with a Spear, sometimes on his eight legged horse. In his Spare Time he disguises himself as an Old man in a what (like Gandalf) and wanders around messing with people, giants, etc.

I think your plan Fighter/wizard is a good one.

For Single Class I could see EK or Valor Bard working really well. Choose your spells for befuddling or confusing people like illusions or charms. Not as much for combats.

solidork
2017-02-02, 04:43 PM
I'd probably go with some flavor of Cleric. Portent is nice, but Cleric gets all the really good divination spells. Plus, your Spirit Guardians can be two wolves and two ravens.