PDA

View Full Version : Who can help? Looking for feat

Max Caysey
2017-02-02, 05:28 PM
I'm looking for a feat called "overwhelming charge" I can't find it anywhere, can anyone help?

Flickerdart
2017-02-02, 05:29 PM
There is no such feat that I know of. Perhaps you are thinking of a feat with a similar name? What sort of thing does this feat do?

Long_shanks
2017-02-02, 06:03 PM
The only things that I can think of that are similar is Powerful Charge and Greter Powerful Charge.

Thurbane
2017-02-02, 09:54 PM
Not sure about PF, but in 3.5 all I can find is these (I've highlighted what I consider the closes matches):

Bestial Charge
Chariot Charge
Cobalt Charge
Dire Charge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm) ELH
Diving Charge
Furious Charge PGtF
Greater Powerful Charge
Neraph Charge
Powerful Charge MH/ECS/MM3 etc.
Rhinoceros Tribe Charge
Shield Charge
Sidestep Charge
Spirited Charge
Tremendous Charge DCS

eggynack
2017-02-02, 10:01 PM
As long as we're listing things, two other reasonably close matches are shock trooper, whose main ability is heedless charge, and the first half-orc barbarian substitution level, reckless charge.

Edit: More things you didn't ask for: Miniatures handbook has a feat called reckless charge, and dragon 317 page 68 has the prestige class ranger knight of furyondy with the ability overwhelming charge at 9th level. Now to search even further afield for other things that are kinda similar to this thing you said but not the same at all.

Telonius
2017-02-02, 10:40 PM
PHB 2 has "Overwhelming Assault." (The feat is actually kind of underwhelming; caveat emptor).

Particle_Man
2017-02-03, 01:30 AM
Could you have seen it from a different game entirely and misremembered where it was from?

http://soccerspirits.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Overwhelming_Charge

ShurikVch
2017-02-03, 02:50 AM
I'm looking for a feat called "overwhelming charge"Dunno about feat, but it's the name of 9th-level CF from Ranger Knight of Furyondy PrC (Dragon #317)
(Also, Berserker from Iron Heroes have ability with the same name)

Pugwampy
2017-02-03, 06:19 AM
Headlong Rush , double damage successful charge attack for half orc.

Flying Kick . Extra 1D12 damage on charge for monk

Charge Attack feats are so underrated in my opinion . Every butt kicker should invest in one .

Max Caysey
2017-02-06, 04:15 AM
Thank you for all your replies.

I was wondering if any of you might have any 3rd party material where it might be from... I have used that somewhat on some of my npc's and I thinking, even though I cant fint it my self, that it might be from some obscure 3rd party book.

Again thanks!

Darrin
2017-02-06, 08:16 AM
I was wondering if any of you might have any 3rd party material where it might be from... I have used that somewhat on some of my npc's and I thinking, even though I cant fint it my self, that it might be from some obscure 3rd party book.

Before we can do that, you kinda have to tell us what it does first.

Jarmen4u
2017-03-07, 01:21 PM
I found a mounted feat by the name "Overwhelming Charge" in a pdf for a homebrew game on an obscure forum. It's literally the only thing I could find by that name. Here's the link to the pdf (http://logarium3.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/newfeats.pdf).

Here's the text of the feat:

Overwhelming Charge
When you strike your opponent as part of a charge attack,
you bring the full weight of your body to bear upon him.
You send him reeling backward as you slam into him.
Prerequisites:
Base attack bonus +6, Improved Bull Rush,
totem animal of size Large or greater.
Benefits:
When you charge an opponent, you can combine
a normal charge attack with a bull rush. You resolve your
attack first, deal damage, and then resolve the bull rush.

Thurbane
2017-03-07, 02:45 PM
I found a mounted feat by the name "Overwhelming Charge" in a pdf for a homebrew game on an obscure forum. It's literally the only thing I could find by that name. Here's the link to the pdf (http://logarium3.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/newfeats.pdf).

Here's the text of the feat:

Overwhelming Charge
When you strike your opponent as part of a charge attack,
you bring the full weight of your body to bear upon him.
You send him reeling backward as you slam into him.
Prerequisites:
Base attack bonus +6, Improved Bull Rush,
totem animal of size Large or greater.
Benefits:
When you charge an opponent, you can combine
a normal charge attack with a bull rush. You resolve your
attack first, deal damage, and then resolve the bull rush.

Good find...this may well be what the OP was looking for!

barakaka
2017-03-07, 06:53 PM
There's also Cometary Collision if you're really bananas about charging!