PDA

View Full Version : where can I find maps?

lynx502
2017-02-03, 10:18 AM
As a DM (or GM if you prefer), I'm good as some things and not at others. One of the things I'm not good at is maps.
I don't need close up maps (i.e. rooms). What I need is general world and village/city maps.

Does anyone know where I can find them?

Thank You,
Lynx

shuyung
2017-02-03, 02:11 PM
What sort of quality? Historically accurate, photographic, artist's rendition, procedurally generated, etc.?

Things like Chichen Itza or Angkor Wat make great places in a game. They also have the benefit of being easy to find cartographic reproductions of and free.

SilverStud
2017-02-03, 02:29 PM
So if you're feeling pirate-y, you can pick up tons of maps off google images(I say pirate-y because some of the maps that show up won't be free). If you're willing to shell out some money, there are plenty of places you can buy maps or map tiles for easy assembly.

There's also several good map generators if you google "rpg map generator"

Deleted
2017-02-03, 03:07 PM
As a DM (or GM if you prefer), I'm good as some things and not at others. One of the things I'm not good at is maps.
I don't need close up maps (i.e. rooms). What I need is general world and village/city maps.

Does anyone know where I can find them?

Thank You,
Lynx

Honestly, I like to find world maps of my favorite games and then mix and match cities with the game worlds or flip the world map upside down.

I've been doing this for years and my groups haven't caught on...

One group has been playing on FF IX's world map but turned like 65 degrees lol

lynx502
2017-02-03, 10:10 PM
What sort of quality? Historically accurate, photographic, artist's rendition, procedurally generated, etc.?

I was looking for artistic renditions, but the idea of historically accurate works too.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas,
Lynx

retaliation08
2017-02-03, 10:15 PM
I know there are a number of maps here (http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?filters=0_0_45476_0_0_0_0_0). They are a resource for publishing on DMG, but I don't see anything wrong personal use of the products here. Many are free or have pay what you want options. Good luck :)