PDA

View Full Version : Need help with backstory Lizard Folk Cleric

JobsforFun
2017-02-03, 12:54 PM
I am introducing a new character to a party I was already in because we needed a cleric. I really enjoy writing backstories because I enjoy the creativity that can go within each back story but I was wondering if anyone could maybe help me with some fluff or some something that would show that the character is Chaotic Good because I am having writers block.

"(Insert name here) was born to a tribe of Lizardfolks they had a great life for the time that (insert name here) was born. The tribe lived peacefully amongst the other races of the world. Most Lizardfolk who lived in their village (more of a campsite think, Native American) didn’t worry themselves with the outside world of humans, dwarves, elves etc they mostly lived in their own bubble and lived their own daily lives amongst each other doing things like hunting and fishing. Unfortunately when (Insert name here) was still young his village was attacked and burned to the ground and (insert name here) lost his parents in the process and was all alone until a group of dwarves found him and brought him into their clan to be raised. Although it wasn’t until (insert name here) met the dwarves he earned his name which means mountain he cannot remember what his birth parents named him because he was so young at the time. As he grew older he always wanted to find his parents but he never had the chance to because he wasn’t strong enough. He eventually started studying as a cleric to use a faithful deity to help him find his parents to re-build his tribe. I took many years of faith and studying to become a cleric but overtime he was successful in his endeavor. Eventually (insert name here) left his dwarf clan and set out on a journey to find his parents and possibly other members of his old tribe so he could start re-building. (Insert name here) has gone to many temples and villages to find his parents and perhaps gain new knowledge."

Character is a Lizard Folk Cleric with his Domain being Forge, I was thinking of using a name that is in Volos that means mountain but I am not sure.

Sigreid
2017-02-03, 07:11 PM
I think you should go a different route. You were a happy, normal lizard folk until your tribe set upon a small group of dwarves in the swamp. At the victory feast you ate the heart and brain of one of the dwarves who was a forge cleric and absorbed his power!

KnotaGuru
2017-02-03, 07:33 PM
I think you should go a different route. You were a happy, normal lizard folk until your tribe set upon a small group of dwarves in the swamp. At the victory feast you ate the heart and brain of one of the dwarves who was a forge cleric and absorbed his power!

Haha, that's awesome!

Sigreid
2017-02-04, 02:00 PM
If you want to throw in more flavor, he also absorbed some of the memories and sympathies of the dwarf he ate.

That dwarven child really doesn't understand why this lizard man carries a dwarven holy symbol, calls him son, and treats him exactly as his father did.