PDA

View Full Version : Spells for Wu Jen/Crusader based JPM

danielxcutter
2017-02-04, 06:36 AM
So Body Outside Body and Transcend Mortality are often mentioned as awesome spells for a Jade Pheonix Mage gish, but I haven't heard of much more. So it would be nice if you guys would suggest some good ones. Also, I believe Fire Shuriken isn't a really good spell, but are there any good ways to utilize it? Besides Fell Drain, that is.

Gusmo
2017-02-04, 06:52 AM
Is there a particular level range you're shooting for? You mentioned transcend mortality already, so if 9th level spells are game, arboreal transformation is useful. If they fail the save, they become a treant that serves you. If they succeed on the save, they're still slowed...for days per level! As a fun fact if you weren't aware, body outside body pairs nicely with anything that grants SLAs. So if you were to take body outside body and miracle (obtained via arcane disciple or whatever) as archmage SLAs, you'd be able to use body outside body, then your clones would be able to use it to create more clones, and all those clones would be able to use miracle. As a stance, aura of perfect order is probably my favorite, though depending on your progression it can be tricky to pick up, due to JPMs only learning one new stance at 5th level.

Darrin
2017-02-04, 06:56 AM
Also, I believe Fire Shuriken isn't a really good spell, but are there any good ways to utilize it? Besides Fell Drain, that is.

The duration on fire shuriken is instantaneous. That means after you cast it, you have permanent magic items you can stockpile, sell, etc. Yes, it costs money, but you can essentially convert spare GP into magic weapons in your downtime.

ben-zayb
2017-02-04, 08:46 AM
Also, I believe Fire Shuriken isn't a really good spell, but are there any good ways to utilize it? Besides Fell Drain, that is.Depending on your build? Fell Frighten. Just make sure that you are using Fire Shurikens from different castings so they will stack. I just love pairing those with Telekinesis

Gruftzwerg
2017-02-04, 11:34 AM
Gianz Size (7th): Depending on Clvl grow up to colossal size

and the opposite

minute form (8th): shrink down to tiny size or smaller depending on Clvl

can be abused depending ob build & situation.

Need high Str and big size to smash faces? > Giant Size

Need high Dex to hit better with your spells? > minute form

flappeercraft
2017-02-04, 12:19 PM
Giant Size and Body Outside Body