PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Druid domain channeling is borderline useless... how does this sound as a replacement

inuyasha
2017-02-04, 01:16 PM
I like the idea of the different druid specific domains introduced in Ultimate Magic, but I really don't like the alternate channeling abilities they get, such as only being able to heal creatures of , while other domains get useful or flavorful abilities.

Thus, I'm thinking about a houserule where instead of that channeling (as present in the Swamp, Arctic, and Aquatic domains), Druids can choose to take an appropriate Cleric Variant Channeling present from the same book, and may choose to either heal or harm at first level, losing out on [I]all the D6s worth of channeling, but gaining a "channel bonus" as appropriate for their level.

Swamp Druids would probably be able to pick disease or poison, Aquatic Druids would take the Ocean/Sea one (and perhaps Weather as an alternate if they wanted to harm), and Arctic Druids would most likely take the Weather one (replacing instances of electricity with cold, and with hunting or strength as alternates).

It's kind of a rough idea, but I wanted to share it here. What do you guys think of this as a houserule? Is this detailed enough to count as a Homebrew thread, or will it fit among these discussion threads just fine?