PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the Fusion power in a boss battle?

the_david
2017-02-04, 02:08 PM
Like the title says. I was wondering if anyone has used Fusion in a campaign. It doesn't really matter to me if it was 3.5 or Pathfinder, as long as you used it and you got some result out of it.
It seems to me that it would make a boss battle interesting, but you'd need at least a 15th level Egoist to pull it off. You'd also have to get the players accept the use of psionics in the game.

What are your experiences with Fusion?

Zanos
2017-02-04, 02:11 PM
Fusion is rarely a good power since it reduces action economy in a game where action economy is God and makes you more vulnerable to control spells by putting all your eggs into one basket. The scenarios where a fusion being is more valuable than two separate creatures are very limited, probably only when the enemies are heavy on area of effect attacks.

khadgar567
2017-02-04, 02:12 PM
Like the title says. I was wondering if anyone has used Fusion in a campaign. It doesn't really matter to me if it was 3.5 or Pathfinder, as long as you used it and you got some result out of it.
It seems to me that it would make a boss battle interesting, but you'd need at least a 15th level Egoist to pull it off. You'd also have to get the players accept the use of psionics in the game.

What are your experiences with Fusion?
Or convince dm to use spheres of power were you can do it i thing in 5th level

Naez
2017-02-04, 02:14 PM
If you could use on unwilling creatures it might actually be worth something.

the_david
2017-02-04, 04:25 PM
Or convince dm to use spheres of power were you can do it i thing in 5th levelWhich sphere and talent is that?

Necroticplague
2017-02-04, 07:16 PM
If you could use on unwilling creatures it might actually be worth something.

Unconscious people are considered willing.

Side note; main use I've ever seen for it was fusion+astral seed trick. Because sometimes, you just need to play Megaman.

Omnificer
2017-02-04, 07:32 PM
Which sphere and talent is that?

Fusion is an Advanced talent of the Alteration sphere. It works pretty differently from the spell Fusion and has a prerequisite of Mass Alteration as well.