PDA

View Full Version : The Hunted

djreynolds
2017-02-04, 03:42 PM
Have you all seen this movie, "The Hunted"
With Benicio Del Torro and Tommy Lee Jones?

Some real cool knife fighting.

How would you make a character to simulate each one?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiHq_rorfjRAhXD7CYKHZIMDb0QtwIIIDAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpK jkQ_sPE0U&usg=AFQjCNFFbUoZGKVHynQ1qzsWWKVGXThmGw&sig2=5d0CsRPVbgEbhHP2bwJiKA&bvm=bv.146094739,d.eWE

the fight scenes are pretty bad *ss

djreynolds
2017-02-16, 04:16 AM
Sorry for the double post

No one has seen this movie.

If you like martial types, this is awesome

Monavic
2017-02-16, 11:08 AM
I remember the movie but it was a long time ago, I do remember it had some realistic knife fighting.
If I was going to remake a character that fights the same way I would want someone unarmored, mobile, and was perceptive. I thinking something like 5 levels in open hand monk then all rogue. Just focus on dex, wis and use a dagger(knife) to attack. I can see the martial arts, speed, ability to stun, and open hand techniques all fitting a master knife fighter. After that the rogue levels help to represent lethal cuts plus increase movement and skill options. Really thief or assassin could work. This build may not be op but it should be playable. Could still fill a monks role with high damage sneak attacks to fill in for the limited ki to stun.

djreynolds
2017-02-17, 03:42 AM
It really shows off, IMO, how each aspect of a fight is going.

You have a nasty attack countered by reaction. Maybe a bonus action to move.

I like the idea of 2 rogues, each fighting with uncanny dodge, maybe defensive duelist, and even sentinel... and really having to decide between which reaction choice to try out.

Do you halve the damage from the incoming strike, or try to parry it? Do you let him hit and wait for him to try to disengage and then strike him?

I really liked the back and forth of 2 intelligent fighters versus each other.