PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Samurai-paladin Gestalt Combo Lv 1-20 BUild Idea

Nosta
2017-02-04, 03:59 PM
Could this be anything worthwhile or is it just not even worth trying to Build. A Friend I was talking about how we known care for the paladin class but Feel it is still Better than 3.5 Samurai. How ever since but run off of CHa we wonder how would a Optimized Samurai-Paladin Look and well I know its not even close to being strong I was curious if it could be worth while in a low to mid power Game

ExLibrisMortis
2017-02-04, 04:03 PM
Well, intimidating, lawful, and good.

It'll be slightly more versatile than a typical paladin, and slightly stronger, but overall in the same bracket.

lylsyly
2017-02-04, 04:19 PM
You will also be gestalting a tier 4 (Paladin) with a Tier 6 (Samurai). Unless you do it because you are looking for the oriental flavor you could probably do better with Paladin/Ranger or somesuch (Paladin/Duskblade anyone ...)

I Assume you are looking at the Complete Warrior Samurai and not Oriental Adventures (which is just a fighter with a pair of swords).

Another issue is that Paladin really isn't very good unless really optimized (IMO), leaving little if any resources for optimization of the other side of the Gestalt.

just my 2 coppers
YMMV

DMVerdandi
2017-02-05, 10:45 AM
Would work far better with OA samurai//Cleric

Having two melee combat classes if you will presents too much overlap, while you do get pretty good saves with the paladin, they are replaceable with resistance spell. In fact, every benefit paladins get are replaceable with spells, for a very nominal cost.

Alternatively, if you want your samurai to be more concerned with spirits than deities or concepts, Samurai//spirit shaman is an AWESOME combo.

Take Dynamic Priest feat, and have them cast completely off of Charisma. Samurai already has charisma benefits (Which Is why I suppose you wanted to put paladin with them, BUT spells are king here.)