PDA

View Full Version : Into the underdark

deacon stark
2017-02-04, 04:04 PM
Need help with build.

Starting a Drow campain. Half will take place in a drow city other half in the undergarments.

Party so far has unchained ninja assassin, necromancer, female cleric and a dragerloth or something like that.

Looking for advice on a wizard build

10th lev but tier 1 and 2 can only take 7 levels of that class.other 3 levels can be anything that does not add to spells. Raising caster lev is ok

All pathfinder material ( 2ND AND 3RD party material mustbe reviewed by gm )
25 piont buy
2 traits and a flawl
Up to 3 things can be brought over from 3.5
Acf are ok

To start I was thinking. 7th level wizard/ 1 lev drow noble/ ?
Str 10,dex14,con13,int18,wis10 chr10
Drow noble gives +4dex,+2int,+2wis,+2chr,-2con spell res 11+caster lev
Pluss spells and spell like abilities

Only have core books ,

Arbane
2017-02-04, 07:21 PM
Starting a Drow campain. Half will take place in a drow city other half in the undergarments.

So... many... possible jokes..... Eh, I'll take the easiest one.

So, everyone's playing female Drow? :smallbiggrin:

Epic Legand
2017-02-04, 09:59 PM
Max of 7 levels of wizard to start? 1 spent on Drow Nobel. How about 2 levels of Investigator, this gains you "inspiration", a huge perk to INT based skills. Then take the Empiricist archtype- at 2ed level it allows you to base a number of skills on INT that you will use non stop( Ceaseless Observation). For your Wizard side, pick a school, but look strongly at Spellbinder (costs you your arcane bond) Allows you to convert existing memorized spells to a short list of fav. ( 1 per level). Pick one of those to be the focus of a few traits and feats...

Vizzerdrix
2017-02-04, 10:34 PM
Need help with build.

Only have core books ,

Well for this sort of game you will want the BoEF.

Inevitability
2017-02-05, 03:47 AM
A single level in Drow Paragon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm#drowParagon) may be worth it instead of the 6th wizard level. It still advances casting, but gives you more and better skills, a better HD, a big boost to reflex, tons of armor and weapon proficiencies and extra uses of your SLA's. If you think it's worth having your familiar be a level behind in power (which it probably is), I'd take it.

deacon stark
2017-02-05, 11:48 AM
So going

1 lev - spell binder
2 lev- spell binder
3 lev- spell binder
4 lev- drow paragon
5 lev - drow paragon
6 lev- drow pardon
7 lev- spell binder
8 lev- spell binder
9 lev- drow Nobel
10 lev investigator

OR is there a class that improves caster lev but Doesn't raise spell lev ?

Just wanted to say thanks for the input.

That's what I get for not double checking post ( undergarment instead of underdark) is hallarious. An adventure in the cave of echoes takes on a whole new meaning

Epic Legand
2017-02-05, 12:55 PM
1 LV of Investigator does not get you Ceaseless Observation , you need 2. It still gets you plenty of benefits. I like the paragon class, normally the lose of a wizard level would be huge, but here it is not. You gain +2 Dex, better dark vision, reduced light sensitivity. This cost you 2 levels of progression on your spellbinder( so you have a 1/2/3ed- But not a 4th lv spell). You still have 4th lv spells, and can easily have a caster lv of 9th with a trait.

1) Drow Nobal
2) Spellbinder1
3) Paragon1 (wiz 2)
4) P2
5) P3 (wiz 3)
6) Spellbinder2 ( wiz 4)
7) SB3 (wiz 5)
8) SB4 (wiz 6)
9) Investagator1
10) Spellbinder 5 (wiz7)

BAB is the same if you tale SB7,Inv2, Same total number of saving throw points ( more will, less ref ). Your trading +2 dex for having a bunch of skills based on INT. Keep in mind paragon is 3.5, and will have an opportunity cost ( You might have wanted some awesome feat or spell). You would now have +6 to DEX, and be awesome at tough spells.

John Longarrow
2017-02-05, 01:52 PM

Make sure you have the grease spell.. Don't want any chaffing...

Malimar
2017-02-05, 02:11 PM
Judging from the artwork I've seen, all drow campaigns take place exclusively in undergarments.