PDA

View Full Version : Druid Question

Armyman2287
2017-02-04, 05:48 PM
Hey everyone,

Wondering if someone could help me with a quick question.

So how does druid spells work. In the fact that how many spells do I know? Specifically at first level how many first level spells do I know or do I know all and I just have to prepare specific ones? And then at higher levels how many do I know, do I gain one of my choice as long as I have spells slots for it every level, like a sorcerer or is it different?

Thanks,
Conner

Yuki Akuma
2017-02-04, 05:53 PM
Druids don't know spells. They can choose any spell from their spell list to prepare, and they can prepare a number of spells - of any spell level they can cast - equal to their level plus their Wisdom modifier. If you happen to be a Druid of the Land you'll also have some bonus spells always prepared.

So, for example, a level 3 Druid with a Wisdom score of 16 can prepare six spells of up to 2nd level. If this same Druid chose Circle of the Land and picked Forest, they would also always have Spider Climb and Barkskin prepared, which wouldn't count towards the six they get from their level and Wisdom modifier.

Once you've prepared your spells, you can use your spell slots to cast them. You can spend a spell slot to cast any spell you've prepared whose spell level is equal to or lower than said spell slot. You can cast your prepared spells in any combination you choose, and don't have to cast all or even most of them.

Arkhios
2017-02-04, 05:57 PM
Technically, you "know" all the spells on your druid spell list as determined by your druid level.

You can prepare any spell you know, up to the limit as specified by the class.
Once prepared, you can cast those spells by using the spell slots you have, in any order.

The core difference in regards to 3.5/Pathfinder is that spells are not prepared into individual spell slots.

Edit: apparently I got shadow monk'd. Oh well... :)

Armyman2287
2017-02-04, 05:58 PM
Druids don't know spells. They can choose any spell from their spell list to prepare, and they can prepare a number of spells - of any spell level they can cast - equal to their level plus their Wisdom modifier. If you happen to be a Druid of the Land you'll also have some bonus spells always prepared.

So, for example, a level 3 Druid with a Wisdom score of 16 can prepare six spells of up to 2nd level. If this same Druid chose Circle of the Land and picked Forest, they would also always have Spider Climb and Barkskin prepared, which wouldn't count towards the six they get from their level and Wisdom modifier.

Once you've prepared your spells, you can use your spell slots to cast them. You can spend a spell slot to cast any spell you've prepared whose spell level is equal to or lower than said spell slot. You can cast your prepared spells in any combination you choose, and don't have to cast all or even most of them.

Ok thanks! This is a huge help! I may switch to the circle of land now.... originally I'm in the circle of the moon, but idk. Many pros to both.