PDA

View Full Version : Question about Divine Disciple's Transcendence

montoya
2017-02-04, 08:08 PM
This ability has two different descriptions in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting and the Players guide to Faerun. Which definition should I go with? According to the campaign book Transcendence grants the ability to use protection from good/evil/law/chaos while the Players guide grants darkvision. Im confused as to which I should go with.

JoshuaZ
2017-02-04, 09:21 PM
This ability has two different descriptions in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting and the Players guide to Faerun. Which definition should I go with? According to the campaign book Transcendence grants the ability to use protection from good/evil/law/chaos while the Players guide grants darkvision. Im confused as to which I should go with.

PGTF is printed later explicitly overrides FRC.

montoya
2017-02-04, 09:36 PM
Thats what I was going with myself. Thanks.

Kelb_Panthera
2017-02-05, 01:01 AM
While JoshuaZ is absolutely correct, ask your DM if you can have the old version of the feature. The new version literally just outlines the effects of the type change without actually giving you anything nice to go with it. Permanent protection from X and a minor bonus to cha checks is nice but minor enough not to hurt anything.