PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Tenarimar: Race of Righteous Light and Hellfire [PEACH][Final Thoughts]

bunnynoah
2017-02-05, 11:14 PM
This is an old post. New one here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?525100-Tenarimar-an-Aasimar-and-Tiefling-hybrid-(REDUX)

bunnynoah
2017-02-06, 09:17 AM
Anyone wiling to help?

Morphic tide
2017-02-06, 01:50 PM
Anyone wiling to help?

I'd go with things that are particularly friendly to theurging between Charisma and Wisdom casters, as well as general gish support, while sticking to stuff that fits both Heaven and Hell.

In particular, I'd give choices between various spells that can fit Heaven or Hell. Shillelagh, for instance, is the single best cantrip for gishes with only one attack. Even the ones with two attacks get a shocking amount of use for it. The other option could be Sacred Fire or Resistance. Or you can swap Shillelagh for True Strike, if you want to have the two options be a Warlock offense spell and a Cleric defense spell.

bunnynoah
2017-02-06, 06:42 PM
Ok, I'll add Shillelagh and Sacred Fire to Duel Legacy as soon as I write it's fluff!

Morphic tide
2017-02-06, 07:24 PM
Ok, I'll add Shillelagh and Sacred Fire to Duel Legacy as soon as I write it's fluff!

Actually, my suggestion is that you give a choice between an offensive spell and a defensive one for each of the three slots that Tieflings get. Besides, Shillelagh only applies to staves and clubs, specifically wooden ones, by RAW.

bunnynoah
2017-02-06, 08:13 PM
Ah! Thanks for catching me on that.

Edit: How should I word it in the description?

Morphic tide
2017-02-06, 09:14 PM
Ah! Thanks for catching me on that.

Edit: How should I word it in the description?

Something about being caught between opposites, able to choose which way to go or having the bloodlines react unpredictably with each other, resulting in varied gifts.

If you mean the crunch, copy the Tiefling racial spells text and then replace the specific spell with "their choice of X or Y," with X and Y being the two spells to choose from. Or you can have more than two options, but that's better off as a thing for variant races to keep the base version simple.

bunnynoah
2017-02-06, 10:49 PM
Alright, ready for our final review and thoughts!