PDA

View Full Version : Home Sweet Home? I Think Not. (Rant)

Mr. Moon
2007-07-21, 08:41 PM
I'm home.

And I swear, I have never been more pissed off.

Do I come home to a warm, freindly house? No, I come home to a pigsty. There are boxes of trail mix bars all over the floor, as well as the wrappers of said bars. There is garbage from when I left! That was three weeks ago! The kitchen is a mess, my brother hasn't made his bed in a month, and I can barely walk through a room with out having to step over or around something large and disposable. :smallmad: It is clear to me that since I left, no one has done ANYTHING. I don't know how I was able to live in this mess before. I just spent half an hour tidying, and barely made a dent in the mess! :smallfurious:

I wish I had a camera to help ilustrate my point, I really do. But let's just put it this way: If I were living with a foster parent, this mess would be grounds enough for a social worker to come take me out. And I'm not exagerating one bit.

If I ever complain about doing chores again, stab me.

DarkLightDragon
2007-07-21, 09:59 PM
That must suck...

*hug*

Cyrano
2007-07-21, 10:02 PM
Goddamnit! That means cleaning, which means you not talking to me!
And I WUV you talking to me!
Goddamn brother! Goddamn mess!
Goddamn trail mix!

Saurous
2007-07-21, 10:15 PM
*Draws out knife*

What? I'm just preparing if she complains about chores.

Anyways, that must be terrible to have to come home to that. Three weeks of built of filth, good lord. :smalleek:

Cyrano
2007-07-21, 10:21 PM
You get the reciprocated flirts in AMEN. I get the unreciprocated flirts everywhere else. Deal with it, Skin Condition.
By the way, I actually HAVE a point here. Namely, "What kind of punishment are you planning to levy on this kid's social life?" and "What did he say to you?"
I'm going for the stretcher, personally.

Jack Squat
2007-07-21, 10:22 PM
ok, I'll agree that most of that is bad; but your brother not making his bed in a month? What's so bad about that? I mean, unless he's just a physically filthy person it won't hurt all that much.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-21, 10:23 PM

Look, D'anna, I already told you. I don't date outside my species. :smalltongue:

@^: It's not the bed that I mind, it's that all his sheets end up in front of the t.v. so he can spend the entire day playing my Playstation with an excuse to not change out of underwear. That's what I mind.

Jack Squat
2007-07-21, 10:51 PM
ah, that makes much more sense then.

which reminds me...I should really get to cleaning my room soon. It's mostly not clean, not dirty laundry, so it shouldn't take long, but for some reason I keep putting it off

Hell Puppi
2007-07-21, 11:07 PM
Ick, reminds me of when I had 3 male roommates who'd just moved out of their parent's house for the first time.

At least that one got me over my OCD of having to have a clean kitchen. I was too tired trying to keep up with the mess.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-07-21, 11:11 PM
Wow. I thought my house was bad. :smalleek:

Totally Guy
2007-07-22, 03:25 AM
My little brother plays a game next to the computer. It's a bit like buckaroo. He stacks books, folders, papers and banana peels in an increasingly high stack next to the keyboard and eventually it falls down.

Since I've moved away from home I've had an increasingly more difficult time living at home.

Extra_Crispy
2007-07-22, 05:55 AM
I will admit I am not the tiddiest guy out there. My floor in my room, until recently, Was covered with paper from school, but even I will not leave food wrappers and food stuff on the floor. My sister (dont have a brother) ever did that to a house I owned I would kill her. (she would not as she has her own house but still). My sympathies, and an offer... I am 6ft 4in 250lbs and have a good friend that 6ft 11in and 400lbs (yes he is a mutant) and we can come over and have a "talk" with your brother about cleaning up after himself :smallwink:

Mr. Moon
2007-07-22, 09:20 AM
That would be very apreciated. And while you're at it, why don't you "suggest" he do a little more exersize? ~_^

DraPrime
2007-07-22, 09:26 AM
Wait, there's trail mix everywhere? I LOVE TRAIL MIX!!!!! I will get rid of (eat) all that trail mix for you!

Mr. Moon
2007-07-22, 09:29 AM
Not trail mix, trail mix bars. You know, like those granola things? And anyway, there's only one left, and it's in a large, cardboard box that's somehow stuck to the kitchen counter. My bet's on honey.

Dispozition
2007-07-22, 09:31 AM
My room is pretty much a perpetual mess. But with 2 amps and 3 guitars to take up space, it's kinda expected.There's normally only a fairly narrow path from the door to the bed that's clean at any one point...On the right are the ps2 and xbox as well as 1 or two bags, clothes and hockey gear. On the left are the guitars, amps and all my school books...

I have a mattress under my bed and that's almost completed taken up with stuff on it...I even have a 'keep these handy' pile next to the head of my bed. Easy access for whenever I need them...

I had 10 cans of pepsi in one room once...all sitting next to my PC in 3 columns of 3 and one left over. I would have gotten it higher if my dad hadn't told me to clean them up and I'd run out of pepsi...

Now, @MC: I'm guessing your little brother likes sweets and ps2? Tell him that he can't play ps2 or eat any sweets if he doesn't clean the mess up. Not sure if that'll work, but you never know.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-22, 09:35 AM
Well, I unplugged the PS2 and hid it in my room last night. Since he's out at his freind's place, he hasn't found out yet.

Anyway, he's banned for a week when I do decide to bring it out, because I found three of my games left on a heater to melt, and another out of it's case.

By the way, thanks for being so sympathetic. I'm really stressed out by this mess. The scary thing is, about a month ago, I wouldn't have thought it was a big deal. o.o

Jibar
2007-07-22, 09:39 AM
One word.

Ew.

This reminds me, I need to have another clean of my bedroom. The dust that's formed on top of the wardrobe is despicable, and oh my god the window sill is filthy.

Dispozition
2007-07-22, 09:47 AM
Jibar, I bet the dust in my room is worse. I can run my finger along the surface of my tv cabinet for an inch and dust bunnies will form...I kid you not...I'm scared to try more than 3 inches...

Also, MC. If I had a little brother and he did that to my games, I'd be making him buy me new ones. With his own money as well.

TruenuffTrey
2007-07-22, 10:44 AM
Yikes. That really sucks.

My friend always eats in his room because he doesnt like to eat with the rest of his family, so whenever I come over, there's always dishes (some with food still left) and miscellaneous trash, y'know soda cans, candy wrappers and the like.

I usually clean my room about once a week, because it just gets to the point where I get tired of trying to step over all the things on the floor of my room.

Good luck with teaching him a lesson on hygiene and cleanliness!

Saithis Bladewing
2007-07-22, 10:54 AM
Well, I unplugged the PS2 and hid it in my room last night. Since he's out at his freind's place, he hasn't found out yet.

Anyway, he's banned for a week when I do decide to bring it out, because I found three of my games left on a heater to melt, and another out of it's case.

He'd be banned for life until he repurchased those games and made it up to you, if I were you. I'd seriously consider it. That is completely and totally unacceptable in every way shape and form of the word. Leaving a mess is bad, yes, and I sympathise for you, but destroying other people's property is far worse.

Ego Slayer
2007-07-22, 10:55 AM
Eegad. I'm sorry to hear this. At least you've realized how bad it is, and that you don't like it. Which is very good. Except where it's bad because everything is a mess unless you clean it up. Want me to come and help tidy up a bit? =P

Dis... I, uh, think you drink too much Pepsi.:smalltongue:

Khaldan
2007-07-22, 11:11 AM
Personally, i wouldnt go for taking the ps2 out. I'd take the power cord. And keep it with me at all times. And dis, get a broom head, attach it to a 10 foot pole, and try cleaning that way.

zeratul
2007-07-22, 11:45 AM
First of all *hug* my sympathies.

Now, remove the chords that go from the ps2 into the tv, and hide them. He'll probably spend like ten minutes just trying to find out what happened. Then don't give them back untill he replaces your games, and cleans

If he doesn't, and this may sound drastic, I say cut the cords..

Ceska
2007-07-22, 12:41 PM
You're what, fifteen? I seriously don't know anymore. If so, get a job and move out if it is that problematic to you, if that isn't possible, simply don't clean anything but your own room, keep that closed all the time, only move to the necessary parts of the house. Well, it's easier if your house is large, but still, it should be possible. For me, talking worked too, but as I'm not living with my sister and never had these problems, I'm glad I can't relate.

PlatinumJester
2007-07-22, 12:54 PM
If I was related to you I would be dead by now. My house is cleaned every Wednesday and within24 hours is swimming in trash again (all of it mine). My parents have given up trying to keep the house tidy.

Krade
2007-07-22, 01:05 PM
Dis... I, uh, think you drink too much Pepsi.:smalltongue:

9 cans? That's nothing, at one point, my room must have had around 50 littered about. And don't even get me started on the empty soda boxes.

Mr. Moon
2007-07-22, 01:32 PM
He'd be banned for life until he repurchased those games and made it up to you, if I were you. I'd seriously consider it. That is completely and totally unacceptable in every way shape and form of the word. Leaving a mess is bad, yes, and I sympathise for you, but destroying other people's property is far worse.

Let me clear something up. They were left on the heater, yes, but I'd managed to move them before any damage was done. However, I suppose I'll have to have a talk about taking care of my stuff while I'm gone... again. >.<

SurlySeraph
2007-07-22, 03:49 PM
Well, in all fairness, he's a teenage boy. We're not so good at cleanliness, except those of us who are OCD. He'll grow out of it. The best way to speed the process along is guilt. Guilt him into cleaning everything up and he won't do it again. He'll take hours to clean everything up, but he won't do it again. And if he does, just guilt him again. It's what MY sister used on me...

Cyrano
2007-07-22, 03:58 PM
You don't date outside the species? But...but...Moon, I can change! What do I have to do to convince you I'm not that decaying cephalopod anymore?

Anyway. Here's my bet for punishment.

-Banning is good, but make it more like 2 weeks (unless you hold the playstation for 2 or more weeks, in which case a week is fine.)

-Make a schedual. Every Sunday, change your bed. Every day, do blahbedyblah. Don't make anything less than once a week, or he'll just forget. think a schedualed routine won't help? So what? Now you have a concrete set of rules to hold him too.

-Say "Good idea" and start doing what he does. Eventually he'll be so wierded/grossed out he'll start shaping up.

-THE VISE! OH DEAR GOD, THE VISE!

-Ban trail mix.

And remember...I'm...*sniff*...I'm always here for you! I'll never leave you! Never!

Ego Slayer
2007-07-22, 04:02 PM
Moon, how old is your brother, and is he really going to listen to you?

And... why don't your parents do something about this?
>_>
<_<

Mr. Moon
2007-07-22, 06:40 PM
My brother is at the age were he's just as likely to do what I say as a cat.

For non-cat people, that's... not very often.

Mom doesn't do anything becuase she's just as lazy, and slightly less messy. *sigh* Dad lives in another Province.

And, D'anna, I'm sorry. But it'll never work out between us.

Raistlin1040
2007-07-22, 06:56 PM
Buy him Zelda-CDI. After that, he'll never want to play video games again. At least that's what I'm told.

*Hugs* Sorry your brother's a pig.