PDA

View Full Version : No Quick Draw in 5e?

JBPuffin
2017-02-06, 01:07 PM
As someone who played quite a bit of 4e before this edition, Quick Draw is something that I often chose and, these days, miss somewhat terribly. I'm building a UA Arcane Archer character, and went looking for "Use an Object for free/as a bonus action..." but it's not there. What's the easiest way to get it, and (optionally) would a Rogue Dip for Thief's Cunning Action UaO be worth it on a level 9?

Plaguescarred
2017-02-06, 01:32 PM
There is the Dual Welder feat that help for weapons;

Dual Welder: You can draw or stow two one-handed weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.

pwykersotz
2017-02-06, 01:59 PM
I take it you mean in addition to your already existent free object interaction?

Pex
2017-02-06, 01:59 PM
There's no need for Quick Draw. You can already use an object that is a normal part of doing another action, such as drawing a weapon when making an attack, open a door when moving, etc. It does become DM call if you're trying to use too many objects such that you need to have your action be the Use An Object action which precludes you from taking the Attack action or Cast A Spell action.

Some DMs might be lenient in not forcing you take Dual Wielder feat just for the purpose of drawing two weapons, at least if one of them is light. Couldn't hurt to ask about/for it.

Specter
2017-02-06, 06:40 PM
You could houserule a feat. I'll try:

QUICK DRAWER
- Increase your DEX by 1.
- You have advantage on the first attack you make against an enemy after drawing a weapon. After an enemy has already seen you draw a weapon, it's immune to this effect for 24 hours.
- You can draw up to two weapons in your turn without using your object interaction for the turn.