PDA

View Full Version : mythweavers server status?

sage20500
2017-02-06, 03:10 PM
Does anyone know whats up at mythweavers? I was working on an application for a game and when i went to submit it, the page came up with a database error, and any link that takes me to mythweavers is currently getting the same thing.

PhaedrusXY
2017-02-06, 03:34 PM
after trying to refresh a few times, i was finally redirected to a page listing the following message on facebook and twitter feeds;

I don't want to be alarmist but I'm really afraid this may be our first major data loss event.
I made a mistake while trying to rebuild/repair the data tables and that mistake may have cost the data. Additionally, our backup procedure hasn't been reviewed in about 6 months, since I thought I'd confirmed it working.
Regardless of the outcome, major failures on my part. I can't begin to apologize.
I'm working now to recover the data.

Tuvarkz
2017-02-06, 03:42 PM
Or rather
https://twitter.com/mythweavers?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

We had a problem with the database, I made a mistake during recovery that worsened the problem...
resulting in major data loss. I'm attempting to restore as much data as possible but it looks like July 25 2016 is the last full data date

...From active games, I'll have to entirely remake from scratch a 20th level mythic gestalt and a 20th gestalt characters, both pathfinder, plus some low level ones.
gaaaaaaah

sage20500
2017-02-06, 03:46 PM
****... am glad i have several pages of games i applied for done as tabs on my laptop... at least i can sort of copy and past the data back in once its back up... i think i skyped someone a copy of the format i use for apps as well... character sheet wise this might be a bitch though to go refill things in...

sage20500
2017-02-06, 03:47 PM
Oh wait, only sheet data was affected, not as bad as i thought... still kind of sucks but not as bad

Bartmanhomer
2017-02-07, 11:10 AM
My character sheet is gone too. :frown: