PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Looking for a Class

MHCD
2017-02-06, 03:57 PM
EDIT: Alas, I remembered. It's the Ebon Initiate and associated works by ErrantX.

Greetings and happy Monday.

I can't recall the name of a certain homebrew 3.x class(es) and could use some help.

(Note: these details are to the best of my recollection and may not be entirely accurate; I apologize for any hindrance that may cause)

The base class is has much flavor overlap with warlock and binder (with plenty of darkness, evil, and death), including amazing fluff about the patron baddie, an incorporeal undead being with a great hatred for elves. Mechanical design is similar to warlock, with abilities based on charisma, invocations, and an eldritch blast - like ability using negative energy that could even be channeled through a weapon.

Also created by the same author are several hybrid prestige classes that blended the base class with soul binding, meldshaping, and spellcasting, as well as a homebrew vestige of the aforementioned baddie, truly a well-developed and well-written group of homebrew works if there ever was one.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?