PDA

View Full Version : A truly epic scenario

aarenrosson91
2017-02-06, 07:28 PM
I'm currently DMing a group of incredibly op characters, all "demigods" at this point, though their broken abilities put them at the power of Intermediate deities at a low estimate. One has over 90000000000000000 psionic power points stored in an alternate dimension, one is the demigod of assassinations with a key that allows the direct manipulation of the shadow plane, one is a monk that SOMEHOW can become Colossal and hit like a titanic+++++, and one literally casts spells directly FROM the Weave. But I don't want to take that away simply because it's "broken":I want to take it in game. So I decided on a campaign arc-Four current Overdeities, Ao, Io, The Lady of Pain, and one I made from scratch, have decided that they are finished with this reality, and they'll tear it down. Now I realize that they could just "end" it or whatever, but i want this to feel personal; Their going to tear it apart with their own hands, destroying one infinite plane at a time until there are none left. BUT They are beatable, if only slightly so. Any ideas?

obstructor
2017-02-06, 07:35 PM
I guess I would call it the kingdom hearts route, but you could have them find the heart of each plane and destroy its very essence from reality. Could slowly remove possible power, remove the plane of fire and they can't cast fireball anymore.

aarenrosson91
2017-02-06, 07:44 PM
I guess I would call it the kingdom hearts route, but you could have them find the heart of each plane and destroy its very essence from reality. Could slowly remove possible power, remove the plane of fire and they can't cast fireball anymore.

I like that, like a Time limit almost

Bad Wolf
2017-02-06, 08:03 PM
Optimize them to hell and back. Kephri, Team Solar, etc...

Kane0
2017-02-06, 11:13 PM
Ooh, ooh, the Emerald Legion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?101587-D-amp-D-3-5-The-Emerald-Legion-Mass-Producing-Ikea-Tarrasques)!

Send them into one plane at a time, methodically wiping out each one in a scorched earth manner. PCs can solve this however they see fit.

aarenrosson91
2017-02-07, 12:06 AM
Send them into one plane at a time, methodically wiping out each one in a scorched earth manner. PCs can solve this however they see fit.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks!