PDA

View Full Version : Player Help spell selection help

Thac0 Redeye
2017-02-07, 02:22 PM
Our group is about to battle an undead creature that has fast healing 10, tons of hp and can burrow underground to hide from us.
I need help for cleric spell selection to combat this guy. our current party is:
dwarf cleric, half minotaur barbarian warhulk, tiefling rogue, and drow scout/sorcerer who specializes in ray spells.
all books are good except ebberon.
thanks

Telonius
2017-02-07, 03:57 PM
What level are you?

Thurbane
2017-02-07, 03:58 PM
Command Undead could bring the encounter to a grinding halt on a failed save.

flappeercraft
2017-02-07, 05:06 PM
Our group is about to battle an undead creature that has fast healing 10, tons of hp and can burrow underground to hide from us.
I need help for cleric spell selection to combat this guy. our current party is:
dwarf cleric, half minotaur barbarian warhulk, tiefling rogue, and drow scout/sorcerer who specializes in ray spells.
all books are good except ebberon.
thanks

Have the cleric cast Disrupting weapon on his own weapon and get the sorcerer cast Haste on the cleric. Assuming 10th level characters that would be 3 attacks per round from the cleric which all cause the undead to do a Fort or be destroyed assuming it has no more HD than you have CL but if it does there is always DMM Persist Consumptive Field abuse to be used which could increase your CL by a decent amount especially if you use Ankh of ascention and or Karma prayer beads. If you can do that, then its dead soon in the fight. Even if it can only fail the saves for disrupting weapon on a natural 1 it still has a 5% per hit to be destroyed, every round due to 3 hits you have a decent chance of destroying it. Undead have bad fort saves which makes it more likely for it to have more like a 50% chance of failing per hit so in the case it is not incredibly high HD it should be taken care of within 2 rounds with this if its lucky with saves.

Thac0 Redeye
2017-02-07, 05:23 PM
Ok sorry I forgot to include level. We are all at 12th level. I did look into disrupting weapon but it is a WILL save not fort and this creature has an insane Will save.
he doesn't have any DMM and the other items listed are not avail. what/where is consumptive field?
any other ideas?