PDA

View Full Version : Fusion and Fission

martixy
2017-02-07, 04:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zZ0Ko4B.jpg?1

So, I wonder what the options here are.

Can one fission a fusioned creature?

There does not seem to be anything prohibiting it in the description of either power, so... (only the opposite is stated). Therefore assuming yes for now...

The fusioned effect does not transfer as per the description of the fission power.

But if, say, 2 creatures fissioned, each copy can fusion with any of the other creature's.

Given a soul crystal one can do that with any creature, not necessarily just egoists.

I suppose that's one roundabout way to share each other's abilities.

Anything else exploitable? Astral seed and mind switch come to mind as further avenues of potential exploration.

flappeercraft
2017-02-07, 04:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zZ0Ko4B.jpg?1

So, I wonder what the options here are.

There does not seem to be anything prohibiting it in the description of either power, so... (only the opposite is stated). Therefore assuming yes for now...

The fusioned effect does not transfer as per the description of the fission power.

But if, say, 2 creatures fissioned, each copy can fusion with any of the other creature's.

Given a soul crystal one can do that with any creature, not necessarily just egoists.

I suppose that's one roundabout way to share each other's abilities.

Anything else exploitable? Astral seed and mind switch come to mind as further avenues of potential exploration.

As per the SRD description of the Fusion power, on the last sentence of the description "You cannot use fission on a fused being."

Venger
2017-02-07, 04:50 PM

You cannot use fission on a fused being.

You cannot use fusion or metaconcert with a duplicate

Neither of these things work.

martixy
2017-02-07, 04:57 PM
Shoot. Missed very last sentence. My eyes must have glazed over it.

Disregard entire thread... :)

flappeercraft
2017-02-07, 05:09 PM
Shoot. Missed very last sentence. My eyes must have glazed over it.

Disregard entire thread... :)

What you could do though, is a Wu Jen/Psion Cerebremancer and cast Fusion followed by Body outside body