PDA

View Full Version : Best class abilities to select la carte as a healer/buffer?

Reprimand
2017-02-07, 06:16 PM
Hello my DM is going to be running a game using an expanded version of the generic class alternate rules from the DMG there are 3 classes Warrior Expert and Spellcaster.

I wanted to run a healer/buffer for the group so I wanted to see what some of the better class features would be to snag as a divine caster. Divine Metamagic is not allowed however.

Also Im using casting as a sorcerer in terms of spells known and spells per day so I don't get prepared spells as a cleric normally and I have a poor base attack and d4 hit dice.

My DM is using pathfinder point buy and races (I am a PF aasimar) however it is an 18 point buy and my stats look like this. 8 str, 12 dex, 12 con, 12 int, 15 (17) wis, and 15 (17) charisma.

We pick all our classes skills and pick a number equal to our int mod he also included a feat that gives +2 skill points to your favored class everytime you take a level in it, Favored class is freely selected and you can gain either an extra hitpoint or skill point each level in your favored class as in pathfinder.

Basically we select our class features la carte as feats which each class gets extra feats. We get a feat at level 1 as normal, a campaign bonus feat, 2 for flaws, and 1 Spellcaster gets bonus "feats" at 1 5 10 15 and 20 and normal feats can be used to purchase extra alternate class features as well.

So I have 5 feats/class abilities to choose from at level 1.

As a healer/buffer what would the must have class features be? We can talk to the DM about alternate class features as well too.

But assuming I had free reign over class abilities what would be the most must have abilities to take for a healer/buffer and incase I did not mention this I am using the cleric spell list but casting as a sorcerer.

PRC class features however are not allowed.