PDA

View Full Version : My party wants me DEAD!!!

Goldenslinger
2017-02-07, 08:24 PM
Hello everyone
So my party has been getting more and more aggressive towards my character to the point where i now regular hear " I want your character to die." It used to be jokingly but they've gotten more and more serious one has even made his backup up character have their only goal to assassinate me. I don't even under stand where any of this is coming from my character is neutral good and has been nothing but helpful to the party but if you have read my previous post I tried one of the given ideas on how solve the horse problem but it only made it worse cause the party took it too seriously. I just really need some advice on how to handle it I don't think an out of character discussion will work.

johnbragg
2017-02-07, 08:30 PM
Hello everyone
So my party has been getting more and more aggressive towards my character to the point where i now regular hear " I want your character to die." It used to be jokingly but they've gotten more and more serious one has even made his backup up character have their only goal to assassinate me. I don't even under stand where any of this is coming from my character is neutral good and has been nothing but helpful to the party but if you have read my previous post I tried one of the given ideas on how solve the horse problem but it only made it worse cause the party took it too seriously. I just really need some advice on how to handle it I don't think an out of character discussion will work.

That's actually the only thing that's going to work. Your fellow players are voicing a desire that your character die. One player has created a character based on the concept of killing your PC. You tried to solve a horse problem but made it worse somehow. Okay. (I'll try to read that thread later.)

Your PC takes actions directed by you, the player. The probability that you, the player, are pissing off the other players is strong. Intentionally or not.

Deophaun
2017-02-07, 08:37 PM
I don't even under stand where any of this is coming from my character is neutral good and has been nothing but helpful to the party but if you have read my previous post I tried one of the given ideas on how solve the horse problem but it only made it worse cause the party took it too seriously.
This is the idea you should have followed. When other players are doing something to your character that you do not like, this is always the idea you should follow:

Ask your fellow players to stop it - this kind of stuff could quickly escalate into player-conflict.

Midnightninja
2017-02-07, 08:40 PM
That's actually the only thing that's going to work.

This. So much this. You can't really decide how to go forward until you know why the other players have decided that they want your character dead. They could just think it's funny, they could think you deserve it for some reason, maybe it's to kick off a story-line that they and the DM have in mind, maybe they think hazing is a necessary part of building a strong relationship, maybe they're not good people.

In the end, this is causing you some level of distress, and all that can be done is address it (with the players and possibly the GM) and move-on (whatever that may be).

johnbragg
2017-02-07, 08:40 PM
That's actually the only thing that's going to work. Your fellow players are voicing a desire that your character die. One player has created a character based on the concept of killing your PC. You tried to solve a horse problem but made it worse somehow. Okay. (I'll try to read that thread later.)

Your PC takes actions directed by you, the player. The probability that you, the player, are pissing off the other players is strong. Intentionally or not.

OK, I read the other thread. Are the other PCs mad at your player in a fun, get-his-horse-drunk way; or in a this-is-ruining-the-game way?

Goldenslinger
2017-02-07, 09:01 PM
OK, I read the other thread. Are the other PCs mad at your player in a fun, get-his-horse-drunk way; or in a this-is-ruining-the-game way?
I really don't know anymore it used to be in a "fun" way before but now it seems more malicious.

Goldenslinger
2017-02-07, 09:03 PM
This is the idea you should have followed. When other players are doing something to your character that you do not like, this is always the idea you should follow:

I did do this multiple times before i tried a different solution and when I asked and made it known that I didn't like it they didn't stop

Deophaun
2017-02-07, 09:11 PM
I did do this multiple times before i tried a different solution and when I asked and made it known that I didn't like it they didn't stop
Then leave. They're walking all over you because they know you will sit there and take it. It's only going to get worse from here on out. So your choice is between embracing the PvP game and getting better at it than the rest of the party combined (unlikely), resigning yourself to being their whipping boy, or leaving.

You can give them one last notice that you will leave if this does not cease immediately, but expect them to call your bluff; then it will get really bad if you stay. So only do that after you've resolved to walk.

johnbragg
2017-02-07, 09:17 PM
I really don't know anymore it used to be in a "fun" way before but now it seems more malicious.

Then it's stopped being fun. I'm sorry that I guessed that you were doing something wrong. It's more likely that your group are huge jerks. You might want to show them this thread, if they challenge the notion that they're the ones being jerks here.

They're getting your PC's horse drunk. Then they're getting mad when you try to do something about it. I'm not sure how you're the problem here.

Talwar
2017-02-07, 09:37 PM
Getting a horse drunk on a nightly basis would be quite the expensive hobby.

Anyway, I agree with other folks - might be time to bid adieu to that group.

PaucaTerrorem
2017-02-07, 09:42 PM
What's the old saying? "No gaming is better than bad gaming".

Alcore
2017-02-07, 09:50 PM
Leave.

People are jerks. Friends are jerks, I know this from experience. You tried IC and then (possibly before too) OOC. Time to cut ties and burn bridges.

TheIronGolem
2017-02-07, 09:56 PM
Then leave. They're walking all over you because they know you will sit there and take it. It's only going to get worse from here on out. So your choice is between embracing the PvP game and getting better at it than the rest of the party combined (unlikely), resigning yourself to being their whipping boy, or leaving.

You can give them one last notice that you will leave if this does not cease immediately, but expect them to call your bluff; then it will get really bad if you stay. So only do that after you've resolved to walk.

Then it's stopped being fun. I'm sorry that I guessed that you were doing something wrong. It's more likely that your group are huge jerks. You might want to show them this thread, if they challenge the notion that they're the ones being jerks here.

Listen to these guys. If what you've said is true, your fellow players are intentionally making the game unfun for you. That is an out-of-character problem. You have no chance of solving an out-of-character problem with an in-character solution.

If you want them to stop, ask them to do that and explain why in absolutely clear and unmistakable terms. If you've already done this, do it again but be even more serious. If they still won't stop, then they aren't people you want to should want to hang with anyway. They're either passive-aggressive cowards trying to get you to leave (because they can't sack up and ask you to like an adult), or they're just petty bullies who expect you to meekly accept low-grade emotional abuse (because so far you have been).

Philistine
2017-02-07, 10:04 PM
Hello everyone

After reading over the other thread, I'll go out on a limb and say that just isn't the group for you. The first clue should've come when your DM decided to make your warhorse an alcoholic; the second, when your fellow PC(s) decided to make a game of feeding the horse's addiction in the face of your attempts to counter it; the third and final one, when the DM let them do that instead of immediately shutting it down. Their current hostility is just the icing on the cake.

I think you're right about OOC discussion not fixing this, and I wouldn't even bother with the "ultimatum" step - just tell them you're leaving, and why, and then leave and don't look back.

Goldenslinger
2017-02-08, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions so far everyone but I really don't want to walk out on the campaign I'm experiencing this issue in, due to the fact that I legitimately have fun and the GM is a pretty cool guy, I even dare say a good freind of mine . The only time I'm not having fun is when the party tell me that they want my charecter to die or go against my wishes to not have my horse be a drunk .

Dagroth
2017-02-08, 03:22 PM
People are jerks. Friends are jerks, I know this from experience. You tried IC and then (possibly before too) OOC. Time to cut ties and burn bridges.

Friends aren't Jerks. Acquaintances are Jerks. Friends joke around in a jerk-like manner, but know when to stop. Jerks don't know or don't care when to stop.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far everyone but I really don't want to walk out on the campaign I'm experiencing this issue in, due to the fact that I legitimately have fun and the GM is a pretty cool guy, I even dare say a good freind of mine . The only time I'm not having fun is when the party tell me that they want my charecter to die or go against my wishes to not have my horse be a drunk .

The situation with the horse should've ended when you said the equivalent of "ha ha, very funny... now cut it out."

The ones to stop are Friends. The ones who don't are Acquaintances at best.

Geddy2112
2017-02-08, 03:45 PM
Seconding that it is an OOC issue, that if you cannot talk it out with the players and they keep doing this, then leave.

The thing is, there is a fine line with being the funny a-hole and just an a-hole. You joined a group that likes the...zanier aspects of D&D, as stated, you have an alcoholic warhorse and a party full of people that likes to get animals drunk.

They could be the funny zany types, or legitimate jerks and bullies at the table. It is impossible to tell from what information we have and even in real life, hard to tell. There is a very fine line between horseplay and making hardcore PC conflict, and only good friends know when to stop it and not cross the line. This has happened extensively at my table, to the point it did near permanent damage to the group dynamic.

Characters, like people, need personal space. Players likewise need personal space. Breaking that is a hostile act, In or out of character, usually both. A PC should never take an action on a PC unless the other consents. Some tables have a mutual agreement that it is constantly okay(and this one is likely this) but again, if this is just them all being zany or legitimate jerk behavior is hard to tell.

I would inform the players and the DM, in clear and plain language, that you are not okay with this and you do not want it to continue. If it happens after that, pick up your dice the moment it happens, and walk out.

Goldenslinger
2017-02-08, 05:58 PM
The situation with the horse should've ended when you said the equivalent of "ha ha, very funny... now cut it out."

The ones to stop are Friends. The ones who don't are Acquaintances at best.

I understand what your saying. really I would only call 2 of them my friends. the GM and our party medic who knew I didn't want the horse to be messed with and didn't do so

mistermysterio
2017-02-08, 06:32 PM
There's always option C: let your character die and reroll something else (if their attitude doesn't change for the new character, then there is a pretty serious ooc problem)... or have your character, in character, feel like he doesn't mesh well with the group and choose to leave (and then roll a new character, etc.). If the group members want him to die, it sounds like an environment he would want to leave in character anyhow.

emeraldstreak
2017-02-08, 06:41 PM
There's always option C: let your character die and reroll something else (if their attitude doesn't change for the new character, then there is a pretty serious ooc problem)... or have your character, in character, feel like he doesn't mesh well with the group and choose to leave (and then roll a new character, etc.). If the group members want him to die, it sounds like an environment he would want to leave in character anyhow.

Or there's option A++: brutally and unexpected kill the character of the guy who annoys you most; and continue to brutally and unexpectedly kill the characters of players who annoy you.

They'll get the message in no time. Only the DM could protect them, but from what you are saying he is secretly rooting for you.

Uncle Pine
2017-02-08, 06:54 PM
Option D involves having the horse die and be replaced by a horse that isn't an alcoholic.

Krazzman
2017-02-08, 06:59 PM
After reading this and the last thread I reiterate the talking about it. Elsewise you have to ask yourself "Am I being needlessly masochistic about it?"

Would you rather read a book that you enjoyed so far read further if it started stabbing you under your nails or would you pick up another book?

The whole situation could lead to stress and breaking friendship.

Afgncaap5
2017-02-08, 07:15 PM

This is all grossly uncool of them, and they seem to have forgotten the greatest lesson of the Wyld Stallyns. Your GM may well be pretty cool and a good friend, so I'd guess to start with the GM. Talk privately to the GM first, say "Hey, this is getting really, really unfun for me. I don't like that people are ganging up on my character, that I don't have enough story agency to tell you that my horse isn't an alcoholic, and I really don't like that people are seriously planning to kill me. Will you back me up if I ask the other players to stop?"

That'll let the GM know you're serious, and if you talk to the group as a whole the GM will be prepped to say things instead of being caught off guard. If the other players insist on continuing, thank your GM for helping but say that you can't continue, at least not in this particular game, and ask to be informed when the next campaign starts up, ideally one that doesn't include the people who won't knock it off.

Those in your group who are really your friends might be surprised or a little hurt by this, but they'll accept your wishes on the matter and find another way to have fun. Those who *don't* accept your wishes on the matter probably aren't actually friends, and continuing to play with them can make it toxic for you.

Silentline
2017-02-08, 07:31 PM
A. Spend some time OOC with the entire group and figure out the motivations and make them justify them to your DM. Who should deal with them appropriately.

B. DM fails you and is powerless in his/her own game and thus proven a fail DM. You have Three options.

1. Quit- (Recommended strongly) Since your DM lacks the capacity to control the game he/she governs.

2. Compromise OOC and IC player integrity and fight back against the advancements made against your character IC (your character fears for its life) Thus hiring body guards, contacting ones order for aid, Setting up multiple guilds to resurrect your character in the event of your death. Put contracts on every character then sit back as they fall one by one. Or even creating and playing the very assassin as a new character hired by the old character to then flank the offenders one by one with a gerbil trained to remain on the other side of a character on command.. Poison their drinks, lace thier undergarments with poison.. blinding power trapped warrior helms, sleep potions, whatever it takes. * (The VERY low road)

3. Create a new character and try again at the quality player pitch giving offending players a chance to repent and be good players. (The High road)

johnbragg
2017-02-08, 08:24 PM
HEre's a less mature option.

Your warhorse is an alcoholic. Fine. Your horse has become a mean, angry drunk. Ask your DM to give your horse rage, as the barbarian ability. When he's drunk, pick a non-you party member, rage and start attacking. Do that every time the horse gets drunk.

Talwar
2017-02-08, 09:03 PM
If you don't want to leave, consider the following approach to making the other parties - and the DM - work for their drunken horse ha-ha time.

I'm speaking as a horse owner:

-Since we're past the point of wondering whether the horse would drink booze in the first place, consider that the amount of booze required to intoxicate a warhorse of ~1,600 or more pounds is staggering. It weighs as much as eight or nine average humans, and has the tolerances of a heavy drinker, so might need ten times as much to get wasted as the average person.

If it's ale, literally gallons of it will be required each night. Is anybody in the party hauling around kegs with them?

If it's hard liquor, less is needed, but it'd be pricey. Ask your DM to confirm that the offending party(s) is having to pay actual gold to do this each night.

Either way, if you're in a settlement, go ask local vendors if they've sold your colleagues a load of booze lately.

-A horse that identifies a person with treats will seek out that person for more treats, regardless of where and when things are happening. It might walk up to them, or sniff at their belongings, or paw at its bowl/dish/bucket when it sees the person. Advise your DM that your PC is watching for these behaviors. A couple ranks in Animal Handling should justify this knowledge.

-Frankly, a horse doesn't need a source of fluids provided over night, any more than you need to drink water in your sleep. Don't provide it with a bowl/bucket/whatever; instruct stables accordingly. Make the other person provide one of his own for the prank. Advise your DM that your PC is watching to see who's washing out their own container each morning, or whose bowl is in a weird place when you get up for a 3 AM bathroom break.

Hard to believe I just wrote this, but there you go.

Bronk
2017-02-08, 11:12 PM

I'm really not sure what the deal is with this horse. You're a cavalier? They actually don't get their own horse. The class just counts as paladin levels to continue enhancing a paladin mount (and then, only the Complete Warrior version), which are summoned directly from the celestial planes. No need to inherit some lame horse from someone else.

So... I guess talk to your friend the DM again? Make sure he realizes he's personally ruining the game for you?

Crake
2017-02-08, 11:35 PM
I'm really not sure what the deal is with this horse. You're a cavalier? They actually don't get their own horse. The class just counts as paladin levels to continue enhancing a paladin mount (and then, only the Complete Warrior version), which are summoned directly from the celestial planes. No need to inherit some lame horse from someone else.

So... I guess talk to your friend the DM again? Make sure he realizes he's personally ruining the game for you?

Read the class again, they get a mount at level 1 that acts much like a druid's animal companion, it's not a magically summoned celestial horse from the planes like a paladin.

But as for removing addictions, looking at the pathfinder rules, addictions are treated as diseases, and a simple remove disease spell will rid your horse of it's addiction. If you want to go one step further, you could have your horse geased to not drink alcohol anymore.

In terms of spellcasting services, that comes out to 3*5*10, or 150gp for the remove disease, and 6*11*10, or 660gp for the geas. It's a chunk and a half of gold, sure, but it'll stop the horse issue in it's entirety, though you could arguably just get away with just the geas, and the addiction would remove itself naturally as the horse refuses to drink alcohol.

Edit: Or you could just argue that, as your animal companion, the horse simply wouldn't do anything you don't want it to do.

Tiri
2017-02-08, 11:49 PM
Read the class again, they get a mount at level 1 that acts much like a druid's animal companion, it's not a magically summoned celestial horse from the planes like a paladin.

He was talking about the D&D 3.5 PrC, not the Pathfinder base class.

Scorponok
2017-02-09, 12:18 AM
Let them kill you. It might be a fun death and something memorable the other players will think about for years to come.

Then make another character. If they instantly hate the new character as well, then chances are they don't like you as a person. That means either you're obnoxious and unlikable, or they're a bunch of jerks. It could just be an in-game motivation that the players are genuinely into and you are taking personally, or it could be actual player discontent.

daremetoidareyo
2017-02-09, 12:27 AM
Maybe your group of friends is like mine. What you want is to survive this conflict, yes?

Here's the reality: They are threatening your character because you are taking this so seriously. If you are being threatened, I think you need to strap your character full of explosives. Your alcoholic horse expels one of the most potent explosives out there.

Strap these explosives to a cart and in a vest that you are wearing. When they finally do come for you, self immolate as a giant bomb. Don't let anyone know your plan. Start texting the DM right away with this plan.

You'll loosen up, in their eyes, and maybe the hazing will move to the next guy to demonstrate the weakness of caring about things

daremetoidareyo
2017-02-09, 12:48 AM
Let them kill you. It might be a fun death and something memorable the other players will think about for years to come.

Then make another character. If they instantly hate the new character as well, then chances are they don't like you as a person. That means either you're obnoxious and unlikable, or they're a bunch of jerks. It could just be an in-game motivation that the players are genuinely into and you are taking personally, or it could be actual player discontent.

Alternative theory: they like watching OP squirm. It's thought of as harmless cuz it's just imagination play. They are picking on OP because OP has a reaction. This reaction is them demonstrating power to each other. This allows them to perceive and maintain a hierarchy.

To be on top of this you need to be able to take these sorts of jabs. Laugh with them at yourself. Then play it cool. Next time they slow everything down, just be bored of the horse stuff... like youre over it already. Yawn. Stretch. Fart. Take up space. Launch into a lurid story about making romantic overtures to your friend with the objectively hottest mom. Get a friend to agree with you that this is indeed the hottest mom. Build a coalition of young men agreeing which mom is the hottest. Then... ....really get descriptive. Longingly dwell on the curve of every supple, yet slightly stubbly... word. The things You would do. Then, whenever that guy gives you trouble again, you just ask how his mom is doing. In this way, he will know that you are enjoying making him uncomfortable. This is how you will climb to the top of that hierarchy.

Vaz
2017-02-09, 01:15 AM
You are in control of your character and his affects. A horse is one of those. If someone is going to the effort of trying to poison your horse, albeit with alcohol, turning it into abrunning joke, just ignore it. When they try to make a thing about your alcoholic horse, just say 'No, he didn't drink it'. There is nothing they can do.

If your GM joins in and says 'your horse falls in a stupor from alcohol', laugh, and then ignore him.

Zanos
2017-02-09, 01:43 AM
Oh hey, it's drunk horse guy again. Maybe it's schadenfreude, but I still find the whole scenario of them getting your horse wasted comical.

Clearly you should just kill your house and reanimate it as an undead. Skeleton horses can't get drunk.

Alternatively just board your horse somewhere secure. Even renting out a guard for your horse is fairly cheap for an adventurer.

animewatcha
2017-02-09, 01:44 AM
How much cubic feet of food and water would you say that a horse takes up?

Bronk
2017-02-09, 10:32 AM

He was talking about the D&D 3.5 PrC, not the Pathfinder base class.

It's true! I always assume 3.5 unless someone specifically says it's Pathfinder, and I didn't know there even was a Pathfinder Cavalier class.

Looking at the class, I see that they do get a 'free' horse at level 1, so that makes more sense, but I also see that it's basically an animal companion, so it's still replaceable.

It kind of looks like it might have to die to be replaced, but whatever. Just tell the DM that this is someone else's special horse, and your mount still hasn't arrived. This 'teacher' that Goldenslinger's character evidently had during character creation clearly usurped the mount bond between them.

Or ask for a Camel... that seems to be an option, and is better than a regular horse anyway.

I'm still going to suggest talking to your DM, Goldenslinger, with all of this. Maybe they thought this would be funny and fun, but it's not for you.

Segev
2017-02-09, 10:45 AM
Okay. You say you've tried to talk to them OOC, and nothing came of it. Can you elaborate? What DID get said? What do the players tell you?

You should, at the very least, ask them, "Guys, why do you hate my character so much and want to kill him?" It's clear you don't want to be a jerk to them, so find out what it is that makes them feel justified (or, if not justified, at least desirous) in wanting your PC dead.

Because even if they think it's all in good fun, it's clear from your posts that you don't. You're worried. Let them know this. Ask why they're acting this way. Then please, due to my curiosity and inability to give any advice with limited knowledge, let us know what they say.

Surely, they have some reason - good or bad - for wanting your PC dead. And make sure to find out if they just don't want you in the game. Because if they're being IC-aggressive as a way to drive you out, you shouldn't stick around just to spite them. Let the DM know that you don't want to ruin everybody else's fun, and so, because they want you gone, you're leaving.

I know it stings. Rejection always does. Losing out on a campaign you like does, too. But if the other players genuinely don't want to play with you, leave. (Maybe you'll get lucky and the DM will come with you once he realizes the others are bullying you away. I wouldn't count on that, though.)

ShaneMRoth
2017-02-18, 07:04 AM
Based only on what you have written, and taking at face value your claim that you are enjoying the game...

Your current player character simply is not compatible with the other player characters.

The only way this can be resolved, unless there is something I'm missing, is for your character to be removed from the party. He doesn't have to die, be killed, or kill anyone else. He just has to stop adventuring with this group.

There is simply no narrative reason for your character to remain with people who want him dead and are, for lack of a better word, "sabotaging" his horse.

I recommend in the strongest possible terms that you remove this cavalier from play and replace the cavalier with a different character (and I mean different as in dissimilar, not the same character with the serial numbers filed off)... as soon as the DM can make it happen... which brings me to the other problem.

Your DM may be a great guy but he sounds like a terrible DM. Things shouldn't have been allowed to go this far. Another player designed a character to assassinate your PC? And the DM signed off on that? That is bull****.

Deeds
2017-02-18, 08:20 AM
You're a glutton for punishment.

Simple solution: ask them to stop. If that fails, stop playing. If you're really friends with these guys then they won't mind doing other activities with you.

Edit: if by some miracle you're still playing, trade/retire your horse.

Jay R
2017-02-18, 09:44 AM
If the game isn't fun, stop playing. Tell them why after you quit.

Do NOT threaten to quit and tell them why. Quite the game first. After they play a session without you, tell them why you won't play with them. And then stick to it.

Vizzerdrix
2017-02-18, 12:31 PM
It has been more than 2 weeks. I wonder how things turned out.

Dr.Zero
2017-02-18, 02:45 PM
Or there's option A++: brutally and unexpected kill the character of the guy who annoys you most; and continue to brutally and unexpectedly kill the characters of players who annoy you.

They'll get the message in no time. Only the DM could protect them, but from what you are saying he is secretly rooting for you.

This. Bonus points if you find a way to drug the whole party and coup de grace the character of the annoying guy in his sleep.

And then, if you feel that the other characters might react badly, follow option C and make your character quit the party. Else make him stay there.
At the worst, they will kill you too, as payback, but it will end 1-1.
This should be enough to explain clearly what happens if they make your characters uncomfortable again in the future. :smallwink: and for a "Ok, can we now resume to play seriously?"

Edit: Ah, I didn't see it was an old thread. I'd like to know how it worked, too. :smallbiggrin:

HurinTheCursed
2017-02-18, 07:17 PM
Some ingame ideas:
- As said, price could be a problem. As D&D price for alcohol are higher than in real life and that they need to pay 10 times more to get a alcoholic horse drunk than for an alcoholic human... It could get very pricey (10-20 drinks a day * 10 * d&d price for a drink).
- You could hire someone, in DM control, to protect the horse from being fed alcohol by all means, fight if needed. Choose a friend of the mayor or sherif so that murdering him would get them into trouble.
- You could work with the DM consequences of the alcohol. I enjoyed the rage idea, but I think a PC being puked on or defecated on (alcohol goes with digestive problem) would give them a better reason to stop, especially if a smell remains on their favorite armour / robe / cloak... with possible ingame consequences (charisma, concentration and discretion penalties).
- Try to see if they can behave as adults ingame: hey guys, we keep defending each others life when adventuring but we don't get along very well these days, I'd like to work this out together

Good luck

ShaneMRoth
2017-02-18, 08:07 PM
One of the problem with these in-game solutions is that they assume that this player is going to get fair treatment from this DM.

Based on the entire narrative of this thread, there is no reason to believe that the DM won't fudge rolls and rules against this player.

daremetoidareyo
2017-02-18, 08:17 PM
One of the problem with these in-game solutions is that they assume that this player is going to get fair treatment from this DM.

Based on the entire narrative of this thread, there is no reason to believe that the DM won't fudge rolls and rules against this player.

Which brings us back to guiding this young person in how handle the heirarchy of folks he's dealing with if he isn't going to drop the group, which again brings us back to expressing his lust for whichever one of his friends has the objectively hottest female family figure while positioning his words in such a way to attract other dudes in the group to dogpile onto the discomfort that the person with the objectively hottest female family figure feels. This attracts the hostile attention away from OP. Following that up with taking the game far less seriously, (always be ready to self immolate, ALWAYS) OP should be able to shift away from his punching bag persona.

OP, Hang out with these dudes and report back what else makes these guys uncomfortable. We can get you to the top of this terrible social ecosystem in no time.

Dr.Zero
2017-02-19, 09:48 AM

If he decides to react and that happens, he MUST quit the group, else he is going to be the eternal butt monkey for some nerd bullies.
But, of course, if he decides to react or not, that depends on his tolerance level.

denthor
2017-02-19, 11:01 AM
There's no other way to say this but it just sucks. Some people think in this game is real life I once had a player brag that another another player left do to his taunting.

The man that stayed got up on the table and danced as he walked out the door. He said and I quote this was his happiest moment ever he made somebody leave.

I was not there for the incident I was only told the story from the person that danced on the table.

Is this your situation I don't know but it happens.

Segev
2017-02-19, 02:12 PM
Barring everybody else being too much of a pushover to actually tell somebody they were annoying them, I can't imagine any of my groups of friends tolerating one of their number standing on a table and dancing over driving somebody out of the group. That would have had all of us up and leaving, if we didn't think we could tell the one who was driven out to stay and get the dancer to leave.