PDA

View Full Version : Ebbeg

Pronounceable
2007-07-22, 12:37 AM
I have recently read "Killing Joke" and "The Man Who Laughs". As a result, I'm suffering from Obsessive Joker Compulsion. He is the true incarnation of Chaotic Evil and the father of all supervillains. I just HAVE to build a campaign around a Jokeresque villain. He would of course be an Exceedingly BBEG.

Question is how? I really have nothing about it at the moment. I'd like to have some FLUFF ideas about such a villain. Preferably in a low power, low fantasy, grittyish setting that does NOT use DnD.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully, I'll get enough ideas to yoink.

Zeta Kai
2007-07-22, 10:46 AM
I believe that the Joker's alignment was hotly debated in the Comic Books forum. I personally agree with CE, but others have varying opinions. There are valid counterarguments for NE, or even CN.

Pronounceable
2007-07-22, 06:01 PM
CN? Joker? Oh, that's probably from the stupid "prankster thief" incarnation of 60s (or was it 70s?).

Anyone who's read Killing Joke can't possibly argue he's anything but CE. Or can they?

Nocte
2007-07-22, 06:43 PM
There is a monster, the "jester" in Heroes of Horror that fits somewhat with the joker.

Also there is a jester class in dragon magazine compendium.

Maybe you can adapt those to your needs.

Finally I've to say that I love the Joker, not the stupid "prankster thief", the other one.