PDA

View Full Version : In Need of some Npc Build Ideas

Nosta
2017-02-08, 12:06 AM
I need a few Npc Build idea

This is For A Royal Family A Princess - A queen and a King of A Warrior nation that Blends martial prowess with Magical Ability

The Princess Should Be Level 8

The Queen Should Be About level 14 Give or Take a Few
'
The King Should Be level 18 to 20

The personality types that might give hints to there Classes Are As Follows

The Princess is Brash and in your face Type of character
The Queen is soft spoken But Very wise
The King is Very Charismatic and strong Heated

Sadly the Books Allowed Are Limited As the group I am Dming voted on the following Books

They Include: PH1,PH2,DMG1,DMG2, Complete Adventure, Complete warrior Monster manual 1, Libris Mortits, Ghost walk and Stormwrack

How ever we All Agreeded To That All Alt Class Features Par From DRG MAG would Be Allowed

Prestige classes Are Allowed From Any of the Books listed

Lormador
2017-02-08, 02:23 AM
A "normal" royal family of adventurers?
The daughter is a Bard, the queen is a Cleric, and the king is a Paladin.

A twisted royal family?
The daughter is a Dirgesinger bard, the queen is a necromancer Cleric with a horde of undead in the basement, and the King was long ago kidnapped and replaced by a Red Dragon.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-02-08, 02:55 AM
Princess is a Hexblade (CW) with Power Attack and Arcane Strike. Her weapon has a wand chamber (Dungeonscape, costs 100 gp, when holding the weapon's pommel you can use the wand it contains) with a wand of Wraithstrike (Complete Adventurer), which she activates with a UMD check or possibly a Sorcerer dip. Per the Rules Compendium, a wand, staff, or scroll takes the same action to activate as the casting time of the spell being used, so that wand is a Swift Action to activate. I would consider giving her Improved Familiar (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#improvedFamiliar) for an Imp if she was high enough level.

Queen is a Beguiler (PH2) with (Greater) Spell Focus for Enchantment and/or Illusion, item creation feats, and tons of skills. More a smart build than a wise build, she could be an advisor who's both clever and wise, and schemes behind everyone's backs to make sure they stay in power.

King is a Sorcerer Gish, with those books probably Fighter 1/ Sorcerer 6/ Spellsword 5/ Eldritch Knight 6 or 8, ignoring the fact that Eldritch Knight doesn't give additional spells known. He can use (Lesser Rod of) Extend Spell with Wraithstrike to make it last two rounds, it would still be a swift action to cast since the casting time rule on spontaneous spells with metamagic only applies if the spell's normal casting time is a standard action or more.

Cloudkill is extremely good for obliterating enemy forces in battle, especially with Widen Spell. He should know that anyway to use it with Channel Spell from Spellsword, which deals 1d4 Con damage per round (Fort save for half each round) for ten rounds per caster level to the target he hits. There's no running out of it because it becomes a single-target effect, and he can cast (Greater) Invisibility and keep moving around as he mocks them until they die or just teleports away. It makes for some interesting cinematic kills, the king mutters an incantation and strikes the opponent with his sword, who takes on a sickly green color. "Wh- what have you... done to me?!"

Edit: Be sure to put Sudden Stunning (DMG2) on their weapons!

flappeercraft
2017-02-08, 03:01 AM
I would make the Princess a Swordsage, the Queen definitely a Cleric and the king probably a Sorcerer Abjurant Champion and or Swiftblade

Kelb_Panthera
2017-02-08, 04:49 AM
Sadly the Books Allowed Are Limited As the group I am Dming voted on the following Books

They Include: PH1,PH2,DMG1,DMG2, Complete Adventure, Complete warrior Monster manual 1, Libris Mortits, Ghost walk and Stormwrack

Alright, gotta ask. How did those three end up being added to the list? Core + a couple completes and even DMG/PHB2 are common enough choices but the other three are a bit of a curve-ball.

Nosta
2017-02-08, 08:41 AM
Alright, gotta ask. How did those three end up being added to the list? Core + a couple completes and even DMG/PHB2 are common enough choices but the other three are a bit of a curve-ball.

For this game each players has a chance to DM, once a week the who DM Switches. We Has To Pick A Book with out Knowing the other pick

Stealth Marmot
2017-02-08, 09:06 AM
For this game each players has a chance to DM, once a week the who DM Switches. We Has To Pick A Book with out Knowing the other pick

You cycle which player is the DM every week?

I'm sorry this sentence is confusing.

Nosta
2017-02-08, 09:34 AM

Yes its like one of those stories that you take turn telling

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-02-08, 09:12 PM
Princess is a Duskblade (PH2), with Power Attack and Leap Attack. It's been a while and I forgot this class was actually in one of the books you listed, ignore the Hexblade suggestion I made earlier.

Doctor Awkward
2017-02-08, 09:39 PM

It's called a Round-robin Campaign. (https://www.reddit.com/r/DnDBehindTheScreen/comments/34nwhi/round_robin_campaigns_a_great_way_to_play/)

My group did one a few years ago with the six of us. Was a ton of fun. We each picked out a particular story that we wanted to tell, and ran little mini-adventures rotating as often as every week until the whole thing was completed. We started at level 3 and made it all the way to 20.

My story was the last to finish up, and naturally I ended up killing the entire party.